Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sad about my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey [MENTION=4422]MAPPLEBUM[/MENTION], you’re right. No one ever told me that I’d be the only one compromising.

I think the problem is that a lot of careers including mine don’t really have slower tracks/on ramps (I know [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION] feels that acutely). In these hard core corporate careers, there’s no “taking turns” at careers which I’ve heard people to refer to. As soon as I mommy tracked myself for more than 6 months, it was over for me.

I’ve read a couple of articles on this. Many couples intend to take turns but it’s hard to do because the “lead career” becomes that way in a series of decisions. At this point, even if DH wanted to make it “my turn” and move to Boston so we could be all in...I would have to spend years rebuilding my client base and my career. It’s possible but it would take SO long that it’s not worth compromising his income to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Aaaannnnndddd now I understand the timing. Forgive the misspellings below, I'm making this unsearchable intentionally.

Meeting today (that I'm the only non-leadershiip team member invited to) with some new equiity partners. Their plan is to invest and help us grow and then sell us/IPO, etc. in 5 years. Every single member of the senior team gets equity shares. I am ineligible because I'm not officially leadershiip.

My boss was clarifying once and for all that I am NOT on the LiT because I wasn't going to be eligible for shares. That's why after it being an open question since August of 2016 whether there was a path for me to be on the LiT, she clarified in my review a few weeks ago.

So...basically, I've worked there for 12 years and now I've exited before the payout. I feel like such a schmuck. There seem to be two tracks in professional life (though occasionally these dovetail together for the lucky few), you can follow your passion or you can be well compensated. I managed to fail at both. (And yes, I realize I've been compensated all along but this is a lot of money being left on the table and that's pretty damn depressing).
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Fuck. That really, really sucks T&S. I am so, so sorry. I'd be seeing red.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, that just stinks. I'm so sorry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Wow that was low. This is when my petty mind goes from "exit gracefully to exit at the best possible time to f**k them over"
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Assholes!!! I’m sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People don't realize that even if you work so hard for something, your years of efforts would go down the drain with just a simple mistake or "different performance," and it would DEVASTATE YOU. I feel you, and I hope you don't feel so down.
                I've had a boss who always liked to powertrip and sabotage me infront of my co-workers. It only took 11 months before I left. It's sad that there are many assholes even in such a reputable company. I hope you pursue your dreams and passion now! You deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                X