Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Joys of Home Ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, I’m sorry. Fingers crossed this gets resolved quickly.

Comment

So sorry you are dealing with this. What a pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Thanks, guys. I've tried venting to my mom, but even though she was here for the first eruption and knows how long this has been going on, she keeps making flip remarks and "looking on the bright side." I kinda just need to hear "this sucks", LOL.

They found the main last night after sundown, and the plumber gives us an 80% chance of being back in our house today. Now to figure out when to make the decision about moving back in vs. wrangling with the insurance to let us have one more day in the rental...
        Alison

Comment

We're home! I took a shower in my own shower today with my own shampoos and soaps! I washed the dinner dishes in the dishwasher! DH scrubbed the oop emoji: out of the downstairs bathtub so I'm no longer cohabitating with feces!

What a time to be alive.
          Alison

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Yay for being home! Nothing like a shower in your own bathroom!

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I’m so glad you are able to be home!
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Thanks guys! It was a long 8 days, sending the kids to school or DH to work every.single.day without knowing where they'd come back to. And a really long four weeks of either having poo in our house or not knowing when there would once again be poo in our house.

I think we're officially in phase 2: the remodel. I might post a new thread when that kicks off.
                  Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post

I think we're officially in phase 2: the remodel. I might post a new thread when that kicks off.
                    Please do!

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

So glad to hear you're home!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

🎉

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Flooring install starts next week! According to the contractor's timeline, we'll be basically unable to use the first floor of the house (unless we want to walk around on subfloor with no furniture) for a bit over a week. And I'm scared we won't like the flooring! But it'll be nice and new and that part is so exciting. And it's a step closer to actually having our house back together -- and having a downstairs bathroom again!!
                            Alison

Comment

It turns out that sometimes when you start a home improvement project on a 120-ish year old house, you uncover things you never expected. Holy crap this is going to get expensive.
                              Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                                It turns out that sometimes when you start a home improvement project on a 120-ish year old house, you uncover things you never expected. Holy crap this is going to get expensive.
                                Just now cluing into this thread. Looks like I have some reading to do!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X