Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

He is terribly busy - I feel like he's ignoring me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is terribly busy - I feel like he's ignoring me.

Every time my husband goes away (he works in another city and has to drive 5-6 hours) I feel abandoned. My mind is like playing tricks on me and telling me that he is doing something bad or that he intentionally leaves me. But then I know the real reason why he has to go - it's because his work is there, he has patients that need his expertise. I see him every 5-6 days and we only have 2 days together. Depressed? Me? Oh yes. I'm depressed. I'm angry. My husband tells me that I am depressed for no reason. Seriously???? I am depressed but for a reason! I am angry and there is a reason! I feel that there is a reason. Can I justify this?

By the way, I'm Cam. And I know, that was one hell of an introduction! Please don't kick me out
    Last edited by poky; 07-25-2018, 01:37 PM.

Hi Cam! No, you won’t be kicked out for asking for support. I’m glad you found us. Are you seeking any professional help for depression? Yes, there may be a valid reason, but you still shouldn’t have to suffer. Welcome to the group.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Hi Cam. At what stage of his career is your husband? Do you have outside support? Are you near family? Do you work or go to school?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome Cam, I'm glad you found us. Many of us discovered this site during a low period of training. You're not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome Cam. I think most of us googled and found this site at a low point in our lives. Do you keep busy while he's gone? What do you enjoy doing? It sounds like talking to someone professional would help you work through this feelings and find out if the depression is chemical or environmental.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome, glad you found us. As everyone else has already said, we all found this site for a reason!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
            X