Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

$20 Amazon Gift card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $20 Amazon Gift card

Of course I can't think of anything I want/need when I finally have some play money. What should I buy?

A good book? Moisturizer? New barre socks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Why don't you save it? Not fun?

Comment

Half of the Jan Marini cleanser... or maybe there is a smaller bottle under $35. It's a great investment!

Comment

[MENTION=3775]JDAZ11[/MENTION] I still want the tutorial!

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I know! I am working on it... we have no door to our master bath (yep, that's right... it's like a thing in super expensive cheap construction out here... no one apparently feels it's necessary to spend money on a door for the bathroom!). I haven't forgotten!

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
              I know! I am working on it... we have no door to our master bath (yep, that's right... it's like a thing in super expensive cheap construction out here... no one apparently feels it's necessary to spend money on a door for the bathroom!). I haven't forgotten!

My brother lives in your area... They don't have a door to the master bath either! I never realized it until you mentioned it, ha!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                We have the same thing; open archway between master bedroom and master bath. Seemed really weird when we bought the place. We ended up covering the opening with blackout curtains (yay, EM shift work!). We thought the curtains would be temporary till we did something like a barn door across it or something, but then we realized the curtains are quiet, and it allows the cats to get to the bathroom to use the litter box, so I guess that's just how it's going to be! It's actually darker with the blackout curtains than it would be if we had to leave a door ajar for the cats anyway, I guess (the bathroom has lots of windows and gets really bright).
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

$20 Amazon Gift card

Yeah - really it's a thing. A thing I hate! Thank god this isn't our house. I would totally have put a barn door in (btw - a custom barn door for high ceilings will totally cost you $10K or more &#128561 but it's actually not really possible because of the weird way they did the walls.

Anyway. I never thought I would say it..,, but I REALLY miss old houses. 200 years of settling and working the kinks out - plus great construction 👍👍👍👍

Anyway- will find time for the video at some point!!!

Last edited by JDAZ11; 09-23-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, my sad skin awaits your video! Also, did this same regimen work in a more humid climate?

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                      Yes, my sad skin awaits your video! Also, did this same regimen work in a more humid climate?

I actually made one today. But you'll be basically looking up my nose... I don't have a tripod. And I only did the moisturizing after make up thing. Plus the lines around my mouth look horrible... so I do not know why anyone would listen to me! (I do not have good skin genes, and I have lot of sun damage--- plus I constantly drink out of straws, which I know is bad! But I also haven't done much at all to help matters, AND the lines around my eyes and in between my eyebrows looked SO MUCH worse - even at like 26.).

A similar skin care regimen worked in more humid climates (And actually, I did the same thing when I was back east for 6 weeks this summer, and my skin looked great... better than it does now, that's for sure!), but my skin is super dry at base. And the heat (like gas or electric heat) really really dries my skin out. I have no idea what would happen in a humid, not so cold climate.

And on the eye cream subject (which is totally a different thread... sorry!) - while I don't seem to have sensitive skin, I have super sensitive eyes. So I think lots of eye creams make my eyes water, and then somehow I end up with almost like hives on the skin around my eyes. I did once have great luck with some dr Dennis gross (which I think is now md skincare or something similar). Of course, it was discontinued.

Comment

Oh yay, send it!

Comment

Working...
                        X