Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How do I get urine out of leather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get urine out of leather?

[MENTION=1084]rainbabies[/MENTION]. Do you have experience with this? I'm thinking leather and horses? Lambie had a potty accident while she was playing with my shoes. Peed in my favorite (sooooo expensive) boots. I'm distraught.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Holy cow, in them?!!😳
    I can't think of anything other than newspaper and baking soda? Or look for a professional leather cleaner (person)?? When we moved to our current home, we had cat urine under our pine floors. We tore up the floor and put a urine neutralizer enzyme spray on it. I think it's by natures miracles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
      Holy cow, in them?!!😳
      I can't think of anything other than newspaper and baking soda? Or look for a professional leather cleaner (person)?? When we moved to our current home, we had cat urine under our pine floors. We tore up the floor and put a urine neutralizer enzyme spray on it. I think it's by natures miracles.

Yeah, she was wearing the boots and peed down her leg into the shoe. I could weep.

Comment

Nature's Miracle Urine Remover (or the Nature's Miracle odor remover). It'll take roughly 1-2 wks to get rid of the smell because it's enzymatic. You can find it at Petco. The sooner you treat it, the better.
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
          Nature's Miracle Urine Remover (or the Nature's Miracle odor remover). It'll take roughly 1-2 wks to get rid of the smell because it's enzymatic. You can find it at Petco. The sooner you treat it, the better.
          Will it discolor leather?

Comment

I've never used it on leather. It's enzymatic, so there's potential for damage because leather is organic as well. But urine can also discolor leather. I found this article on cat urine, leather couches, and Natures Miracle. Not a perfect fit, but maybe helpful?
            http://www.leathersolutions.com/leat...n_removal_tips
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I will text my friend that owns a leather store. Generally she will say to call manufacturer... but if pressed she has other solutions. She's on the east coast, so won't respond tonight.

Comment

Thanks. I stuffed them with newspaper and they are dry this morning. So far, they don't smell or look stained. Maybe I dodged a bullet?

Moments before this happened, I'd told Lambie to stop stomping around in my shoes and to go potty. She refused and then rushed to the bathroom later. She didn't tell me she had peed in my shoes until I discovered the mess. I can't have nice things.

Comment

She said you try to contact manufacturer. (It's always get first answer). All leathers are different blah blah blah. She ignored my follow up asking generally what she would go with if she could t contact the manufacturer and started sending me pics of Halloween costumes fir her kids...😩. She had given me the name of sinthibg in the past when I TKn's her our couch manufactures recommended a soft dry cloth.., and we were taking about vomit.... but I e fed up just using some random leather wipes I had hanging around. The couches have a slim chance of survival anyway!!

Comment

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Ha! Sorry about all those typos!!! I'm not even sure what all of those were supposed to be... hopefully you got the gist. Sorry!

Comment

https://www.hunker.com/13423891/how-...out-of-leather

Comment

Working...
                        X