Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello everyone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone :)

Hi all! I am married to a 2nd year EM resident; I am a dietitian. We have an 11 week old baby. I am now transitioning from full time to prn so I can stay at home with our baby. That has been a huge adjustment. I am also going back to school in the Fall to finish my master's degree.

I'm so happy to be a part of this group and am looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome! Nice to meet you.

Is baby a boy or girl? How's it going?

Good for you continuing with school while staying at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hi!
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Is it a three or four year EM residency? I had babies during first and third years of my hubby's three EM training years, it was a crazy but mostly good time of life!
        Alison

Comment

Welcome to the group!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome! Nice to "meet" you!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Welcome aboard. Are you going for a masters as a dietician?

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post

Is it a three or four year EM residency? I had babies during first and third years of my hubby's three EM training years, it was a crazy but mostly good time of life!

A three year! And you all survived? haha How far out from completing residency did you guys decide on where to move/start as an attending? How did you manage with babies and husband sleeping? Sometimes I think does he really need 8 hours of sleep? haha It gets tiring being on baby duty for 23 hours a day.

Nice to "meet" you, and I love that we've been in similar shoes, that gives me hope.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                        Welcome aboard. Are you going for a masters as a dietician?

Hello! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am already a Registered Dietitian, just wanting to further my education. I'll be working towards a MS in Nutritional Science.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                          Welcome! Nice to meet you.

Is baby a boy or girl? How's it going?

Good for you continuing with school while staying at home!

Thank you for the warm welcome! A girl. I am sooo head over heels for her. It has been quite the adjustment. Its been going well though, somedays are definitely harder than others. Kind of lonely sometimes. I already miss working full time (will be adjusting to as needed status). I am hoping working towards a MS will help me stay happy learning more about my passion and I have always had this as a personal goal.

Comment

Originally posted by valerierd View Post
                            A three year! And you all survived? haha How far out from completing residency did you guys decide on where to move/start as an attending? How did you manage with babies and husband sleeping? Sometimes I think does he really need 8 hours of sleep? haha It gets tiring being on baby duty for 23 hours a day.

Nice to "meet" you, and I love that we've been in similar shoes, that gives me hope.
                            Yep, we're still alive, 10 years after kid #1! Just took it one day at a time...

We knew all along where we wanted to land (Pacific Northwest), we were job searching by October of third year, had a contract signed by December.

Keeping a baby or especially a toddler quiet (let alone both?!) in a small-ish house while daddy is on nights or post-call is NOT fun. We ended up finding a lot of activities to take us out of the house on those days. The dawkter also had to adapt at least a little bit, he did okay with a white noise machine and a dark sleeping room -- as long as nobody was screaming or squealing too much.
                            Alison

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                              X