Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Garden makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden makeover

Hi all, I am a homemaker with a 3-year-old baby boy. My hubby is a businessman. We have been staying in this house for about 5 years. We have a backyard which is totally cluttered being unused. I was thinking of making it into a beautiful area.
    I searched for several options and was thinking of making a rabbit garden there. I like rabbits and my hubby also supports me. But I don’t have any previous experience in it. The main advantage of having a pet rabbit is that we can grow their food in our own garden. I am also thinking about the same so that I can grow their foods in my backyard, which was left unused. My friend has helped me with some tips regarding how to take care of the rabbits well.
    In my backyard, I am planning to cultivate lettuce and carrots which are the favorites of rabbits. Is container gardening good for growing them? My friend recommended building a 4x4 foot raised bed. However, my hubby says that it is good to seek the help of Infinity gardens, one of the professionals which provide outdoor landscaping ideas in Calgary. What are the other things to be noted while starting a gardening? Chime in with suggestions. Thanks.

Quality of the dirt, how much sunlight the yard gets, what types of things need to be removed from the garden (could be some invasive species there). I had a junky yard in my current rental and was able to gradually get it nicer over 3 years. However a dead tree needed to be removed which was never fully done, I was never able to fully combat a thorny plant invasion, and I had very limited areas I could plant as I had to bring in usable soil myself. If you own the house, the effort is 100% worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Grace

Comment

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
      Quality of the dirt, how much sunlight the yard gets, what types of things need to be removed from the garden (could be some invasive species there). I had a junky yard in my current rental and was able to gradually get it nicer over 3 years. However a dead tree needed to be removed which was never fully done, I was never able to fully combat a thorny plant invasion, and I had very limited areas I could plant as I had to bring in usable soil myself. If you own the house, the effort is 100% worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the kind concern.

Comment

Working...
      X