Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
    Hi Julie! Welcome! How many years of residency left? We're in our 5th of 5, then fellowship.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Hey! Thanks everyone for being so welcoming, it's appreciated!

Since a couple of you have asked - I don't know how it all works in the States but there are two streams for EM residency in Canada: a 5-year stream and a 2+1 stream (family med (2) +1 EM).

He's in the 2+1 stream; so he's currently a licensed family doc and he's doing his +1 EM year. He'll write his EM licensing exams this fall. I feel very lucky that he's in his last year! He's also got a job lined up as a Staff Doc in an ED in our hometown come September, and a part-time fellowship in paeds emerg on the side, so I'm very very happy about all that, as I'm sure you can imagine.
    Last edited by WhyNotJulie; 03-12-2017, 05:20 PM. Reason: Afterthought
    Girlfriend to an EM PGY3. I'm also a lawyer.

Comment

Welcome!
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wow! Sound like a great setup for next year!!! Always helps to be in a familiar place! Any wedding plans in the next year, or not yet?

Grace

Comment

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
          Wow! Sound like a great setup for next year!!! Always helps to be in a familiar place! Any wedding plans in the next year, or not yet?

Haha! I don't like to count my chickens before they've hatched.

Comment

Welcome! A few other lawyers of former lawyers (like myself) around too! What kind of law do you practice? I used to be a patent litigator but left that for product management! All the fun problem solving none of the long hours!
            - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Amazing!! I work in insurance defence for the most part. Litigation for the win.

Comment

Welcome! I'm an attorney, too . Looking forward to getting to know you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello!! Just finishing fellowship. 6 years after MED school. So glad to be done!!
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNotJulie View Post
                    Hello everyone! My name is Julie, and I'm actually not sure I qualify for this forum, because I'm a med girlfriend, not a true med spouse - but I was so excited at the thought of talking to other spouses of doctors that I couldn't help but join. It sure is a lonely existence. We live in Ontario.

I'm a lawyer, and my boyfriend is a PGY3 in Emergency Med - it's crazy, and I can only deal with his insane schedule because of the amount of love I feel for him.

I have no friends who have boyfriends/husbands who are residents / in medicine so I was really craving that connection with someone who understands the schedule and craziness. I'm hoping I can find that on this forum!

Thanks guys!
                    Welcome! I live in Ontario too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome, glad you found us!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X