Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2016 Clinton - Trump Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton looked and sounded presidential.

Trump looked and sounded like a coke head in need of a bump because the rail he snorted just prior to taking the stage was wearing off.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
      I'm a lifelong republican and I'm voting for Clinton. I don't like many (I would dare to say almost all) of her positions but he is a crazed idiot who will do nothing good for our country.

At least with Hillary we will have a country when her terms are over. With Donald I'd be worried about us getting blown up!
      I'm a lifelong Republican and I'm voting for Trump. I sure wish I was voting for an actual Republican. Ugh.

I am voting for him because I think he will be held mercilessly accountable for everything by the press. I think Clinton will be treated with fawning kid gloves. Not to mention, I am voting for Trump just out of raw spite. I hate the press. My vote is against the press, more than anything else.

The debate was awful. They were both terrible. Clinton was a overly processed politician with superficial canned answers and a condescending manner. I don't think she sounded remotely presidential. She sounded like she was ready to lecture us all. And I am so sick of the old "blame the rich, soak the rich, I'm one of you" garbage from wealthy politicians. And Trump clearly doesn't know how to debate and wears a bizarre look. He didn't look presidential, either. Listening to him makes me long for Sarah Palin. I learned nothing new from either of them.

Who won? Neither. Who lost? The American public.

I am sure Clinton will win. And we are all in for four (eight?) years of being condescend to, while hearing about Bill's philandering. Yay.
      Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 09-27-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
        I'm a lifelong Republican and I'm voting for Trump. I sure wish I was voting for an actual Republican. Ugh.
        Would you be at all interested in voting for Evan McMullin? He's running on a Republican platform, just without the full GOP blessing. My dad is a huge fan, anyway.
        Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
          Would you be at all interested in voting for Evan McMullin? He's running on a Republican platform, just without the full GOP blessing. My dad is a huge fan, anyway.
          No, but I hear what you're saying. I am not throwing my vote away. I am old enough to remember the Clintons and their last turn through the White House. I despise their dishonesty and duplicity so deeply that I would rather make an unprincipled vote for Trump than to do anything that might help her get into the White House. She makes my skin crawl and my blood boil. When she went after Trump for his obnoxious remarks to women, all I could think is: I am WAY more offended by the fact that you helped your scumbag philandering husband by calling his girlfriends disgusting names and claiming it was all some big "conspiracy." You are a total disgrace to women. You attacked women to protect your husband. You are everything we should not be. I would be embarrassed if my daughters grew up to be you. You do not represent me.

Someone else said it, and I whole-heartedly agree: This is IT?? This is the best, out of 350MM+ people, that we could come up with? It is deeply depressing.

I like both the VPs. If one of the 70+ presidential candidates kicks while in the White House, at least I would be OK with the VPs.
          Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 09-28-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I was in college when the Lewinsky scandal broke. Monica had just graduated from my school a few years prior, so the campus was overrun with news media. O_O

Hillary has certainly made mistakes over the course of decades in public office. And I kind of wish she didn't have the Clinton name and legacy attached to her. Plus it's certainly awkward and conflict-y, in this era of First Ladies being politically active in their own right, to have the First Gentleman be a president who already HAD his two terms. But despite all that, she is what she is and I've liked her as a candidate since 2008 and I think that her experience is going to benefit the job. So I'm with her, as they say. I totally respect if you can't be, GMW, but I do wish for your sake that you could vote FOR a candidate and not against one. :\
            Alison

Comment

I don't like Trump. I think he's a jerk. But I loathe Hillary Clinton. I find her behavior far worse. She betrays women for her own power grab, then insists that she is "for" women.

Comment

Betrays women how?

Comment

This is the sentiment I've gathered from the few people I know voting for Trump. They dislike him but hate her more. It'd probably be better not to vote.

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                  I don't like Trump. I think he's a jerk. But I loathe Hillary Clinton. I find her behavior far worse. She betrays women for her own power grab, then insists that she is "for" women.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    Betrays women how?
                    We have worked so hard to actually be believed in issues of sexual assault and harassment. She has spent her entire adult life denigrating women and belittling then when they come forward with rape and harassment claims against her husband. She's not "with us"; she's with herself. She doesn't care what her husband has done to women. She will destroy any woman who has the courage to come forward. She's absolutely shameless.

Comment

I just saw a (pathetically) awesome bumper sticker and thought of this thread. It read:

"Just for once, I wish I was voting for the better of two goods"

That's exactly how I feel. Yuck.

Comment

If I'm weighing allegations against Hillary Clinton in contrast to things we've actually watched Trump do, it's kind of tough to see Trump as some sort of ally for women.

Comment

The fact that Trump is tweeting jackass crap at 3 AM makes me feel that he's unstable. That's not how adults act.
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                            The fact that Trump is tweeting jackass crap at 3 AM makes me feel that he's unstable. That's not how adults act.
                            I keep thinking he needs to change his password because there's no WAY he hasn't figured out he needs to just stop tweeting. I saw an interview many months ago with his entire family and his wife's biggest piece of advice for him was to stop tweeting. Clearly, he doubled down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Well be voting for Gary Johnson in our house. We've followed him since he was Governor of NM. 2 terms as a red candidate in a blue state and people just like him. He's quirky, but built a huge company in NM from nothing. He's getting a lot of awkwardly worded questions on Foreign Policy as gotcha moments as of late, and it shows he has a lot to learn on FP. That said, he's a non-interventionist, so hopefully would have time to learn and the right people around him. I'm just done with the insiders and a-holes this go round.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kudzoo View Post
                                Well be voting for Gary Johnson in our house. We've followed him since he was Governor of NM. 2 terms as a red candidate in a blue state and people just like him. He's quirky, but built a huge company in NM from nothing. He's getting a lot of awkwardly worded questions on Foreign Policy as gotcha moments as of late, and it shows he has a lot to learn on FP. That said, he's a non-interventionist, so hopefully would have time to learn and the right people around him. I'm just done with the insiders and a-holes this go round.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I noticed the same thing in the clips of the Aleppo incident. They jumped straight into that question with no context and no segue as far as I could tell. It felt like they were trying to catch him out. I'm pretty sure Trump did something similar during the primary campaign and it was just par for the course in his case. Anyway, from what I've seen, Johnson's views about important policy positions don't match mine at all, but I wouldn't mind hearing him debate just to have something different than all the sniping.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X