Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

August 2016 Stitch Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the dress, shirt and pants combo, and cardigan. I'd keep the whole box. I've had that happen a few times, where I don't love every piece but it's cheaper or almost the same to keep it all.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

It's more flattering bc the color block tapers and I do like it with the jacket and boots.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

DrK says I should keep only two. Saving goals.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love this dress! I'm also a big fan of leather jackets - really cute look!

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
            I love the b&w dress personally - but I have one almost exactly like it so I am biased! When I wear this to networking events all the menfolk hug me. hahaha! I am not thrilled with this photo but whatever, apparently i actually DO have wrinkles in sunlight. Anyhow. that's the only photo I have so far with this dress on but at least you can see I'm on board.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3546[/ATTACH]

So the dress. Yes, keep the dress, and I love it with the leather jacket. However, I dislike both shoe choices. Do you have a standard shaped bright pump? The 90s wrap sandals are too heavy and clunky and the boots are too heavy for it too. Go with a pointy medium height pump in red, hot pink, or even nude or black. Combined with the jacket you will have a really great look.

I don't like the cross-front top, it's too pricey. You can get that at Marshall's for $19. The black and white t-shirt is fine but frumpy. My mom is 71 and she would wear the hell out of that shirt. You can do better. I like the cardi. It's pretty but if you just bought one, send it back. All told, I'd keep the dress and send the rest back.
            Thanks! I probably have a pair of black pumps somewhere from my 20 something East Coast lawyer-lady days but I have occasion to wear them about once a year now and even then they are often too dressy. Remember, I'm a 40 something Midwestern SAHM these days. I'm often the only mom at school drop off who is not wearing pj's or work out gear. I'd probably be dressing down the dress more often than not. Also, it will be cold here soon. That's why I was thinking about casual footwear, jackets, sweaters, etc for daytime in the fall. I'd probably do just the dress and dressy strappy sandals for summer date nights.

Last edited by MrsK; 08-27-2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
              Got it. Could I interest you in a shoe bootie?
              I have a pair of brown booties. The SF stylist recommended brown booties and a denim jacket.

Comment

Working...
              X