Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pokémon GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokémon GO

All right, confess! Who's GO-ing? Wanna share any tips or tricks you've figured out? Nothing is too basic to share. I *just* found out what to do at a PokéStop tonight. ....and only because I ran into a kid who set a lure (?) and he showed me how to spin the picture and get the PokéBalls!

I'm at level 5 and I've caught 17 Pokémon. One of the kids at work told me to transfer my duplicates to the Professor to get an extra candy.....and to save up the candy to Evolve instead of PowerUp.

And I read that if you rename Eevee, you can guide the Evolution (Pyro becomes Flareon, Rainer becomes Vaporeon, etc).

But honestly, that's all I know. I just wander around and wait for them to show up.

So how am I supposed to do this????
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

I'm level 6 and don't know much more than you! I've googled and clicked on some Facebook tips articles that are helpful. Here's one: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/pok...heats-secrets/
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Pokémon GO

OMG, DH and I are so obsessed!! I'm level 19 and have caught 99 thus far. Honestly though this game came out at a perfect time for me. I was feeling post vacation blues and had little to no motivation, and this game has gotten me off my ass. Definitely sell your extra Pokemon to the professor for candies and use them to evolve. Always make sure you've got an egg incubating at all times. You get those at Poke stops. Use your razz berries on tough or uncommon Pokemon. We like to go to the bay front at night to catch Pokemon because a ton of people are there doing the same thing and almost all the stops will have lures out, so it's high yield. It's my understanding that the more people there are at a place the more Pokemon come out. You can battle your own teams gym to build up prestige level and eventually add one of your Pokemon there to help defend it. Those are all the tips coming to mind at the moment.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I will never get to play bc my 12 year old doesn't have a smartphone or iPod and so he plays on my account lol. I think it's such a fun idea, though. The kids have all gone on extra walks to catch Pokemon lol.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm barely at level 4.... Hopefully I can catch up lol
          wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

I got the app and tried to get E into it with me, but she didn't care. I caught 2 Pokémon, and that was it. I'll probably delete the app. It's a great idea, I'm just not really into it.

Sent from Tapatalk
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Pokémon GO

I have it but haven't done too much with it.

I think it is hilarious that my company's headquarters has 4 pokestops and a gym though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I love seeing the local businesses getting into it - Facebook posts with them, promos for players, etc. We have a lot of stops on our Main Street.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Level 16 here! I agree with all the tips shared. Populated/historical areas seem to have more pokestops. We have 22 in our little square mile,of village and 3 gyms. It's a pokeparadise.

Easy way to gain levels fast is to catch all those annoying pidgies, ratattas, and weedles - then mass evolve them sitting on your couch after popping a lucky egg. The lucky egg doubles your experience for 30 minutes, and with the lucky egg each evolve gets you 1000 xp. Pidgy only requires 12 candy to evolve, Ratatta 25, Etc. I evolved 6 pidgy and 6 ratatta last night for 12000 xp. Helps you jump levels fast.

You get a few lucky eggs for free at level ups.

Oh, and Team Valor!

Angie
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Love it, but you all know way more than me. I actually walked into a pole catching one. LOL.

I do have a tendre for people who fly their freak flags by showing their adoration for gaming, sci fi, fantasy. This has my name written all over it.

College campuses have a ridiculous amount of Pokemon by the way. It almost feels like cheating.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My dad started pokeplaying...over pokehunting? What's the correct verb? Anyways, I couldn't believe it because I didn't even play Pokemon as a kid so I'm not sure how he has any idea about it. I do think it's pretty awesome, as long as you don't run into people or walk out in front of cars or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm actually having a blast playing. DH and I went on a 2-hour walk today, and I'm up to level 10!
                        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I'm playing. I'm only on level 8 though. I don't understand all the lingo.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Not playing but thought it was interesting that DH's hospital sent out an email today that they would not be allowing it on their campus and submitting the paperwork to have it removed from the game ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Weird for a hospital to do that. Wonder what happened. The Cleveland Clinic has one building/surgery center that's a gym. I imagine the atrium is filled with people at times. Lol

I do get why the Holocaust Museum and Auschwitz would want to be removed. So horrible,that people are playing there and taking photos of Pokemon on exhibits.

Angie
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X