Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hair Dye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Dye

Talk to me people, who dyes, when did you start, do you DIY, do you have a "go to" person, how much do you spend per month, what are your recent favorite looks, etc!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Grace

I have mine highlighted, and sometimes she adds in lowlights if it's looking a little bit too blonde. I've been doing this for at least the past 8 years probably, with the exception of a year or two where I let all of the color grow out for a bit after I moved and took time to trust someone to do it again. I've had 3 different stylists, though that was mostly because I've lived in 3 different places. I pay $105 now for partial highlights/lowlights and a cut, and I get it done every 3 months or so.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I dyed my hair for the first time at the age of 24. I have red/brown hair ( I usually get asked where I went to dye it or people don't believe me when I tell them I don't dye my hair) but I dyed it black!! It cost me about $20 and I did it myself. My hair grew and I went to dye it closer to my color with some highlights that cost around $200. The next time I dyed it was last year when I decided to go blonde because I was too chicken to dye it purple lol and now it's half my color and half blonde and will stay like this till I can get it repaired or chop it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

I used Loreal Neutral blonde for 20 years until some of my hair started going white and wouldn't hold it anymore. Now I pay a super stylish woman huge $ to ensure that I'm still a natural blonde. LOL.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for the info ladies!!!
          I've only gotten my hair dyed once and it was in March and cost lots of $ and took a lot of time. She did a demi permanent deposit only color, so it fades out nicely. I figured I'll give it a try of doing it myself this time. Wish me luck!

Grace

Comment

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

I color my own gray using color from Sally's

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally did it myself last night! I also trimmed my own hair beforehand... I think I'm going overboard with the DIY... But I've gotten a few compliments so far! Woohoo frugal endeavour success!

Grace

Comment

Pictures, please!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot to do a before/after! I'll see what I can do!

Grace

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                      Pictures, please!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                      Alright this is the best I could do lol! The first pic I was brushing my teeth and just snapped a quick pic so I could try to find my color at the store that day. So, I just tried to replicate the lighting/angle for the second one!
                      I meant to go slightly lighter, but it actually looks a bit darker. I did natural instincts 5G, so it will fade out in a couple months and I can try lighter!
                      uploadfromtaptalk1450799892013.jpg

Grace

Comment

I really like it! I think the color is nice and rich. Excellent job.

Comment

Looks great! Can I just say how impressed I am that you cut your own hair? I am terrified to even trim my bangs!
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                            Looks great! Can I just say how impressed I am that you cut your own hair? I am terrified to even trim my bangs!
                            Haha, well I grew it out for a few years, so at this point it's so long that I honestly don't miss 2 inches. Plus then it's long enough that if I don't cut it evenly I still have room to fix the error! I really should go get it layered etc so my natural curls would look better air dried but... I'm content with my half assed trim. I hear you on the bangs though, they're front and center and every millimeter counts haha!

Grace

Comment

So I dyed my hair level 6 this time. Good news, it's much closer to my natural color. Bad news, I can still see a couple white hairs I was specifically trying to dye! Uuuugh

Grace

Comment

Working...
                              X