Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay...I"m going to tiptoe in here finally.

I learned with my last baby that trying to do anything but an easy walk before 3 weeks is just going to take me longer to recover, but this was also a way easier birth and recovery than my first two. After 3 months of "I just cant even" of being pregnant, I'm ready to think about what I want to do to get back into shape...which unfortunately means 20-25 lbs to get back to pre-baby weight (at least some will come off easy because I still have edema like crazy) and then another 20-30 I've been trying to lose for 4 years to get to a "happy" weight.

So here's my plan:

Eating: Actually start tracking what I eat and cut out the crap. I'm not trying to cut calories until breastfeeding is established, but making sure I'm consuming 1800-2000 calories vs say 3-4K is probably a good start

Exercise:

Start Couch to 5K again at the beginning of Dec.

Start a half marathon class at the local running store--I've done it before and the walk/run group is very doable for me now. It lasts til March. I don't plan to actually do the March half though (too hard with a 4 month old), but I have a goal to do the fall 1/2 class in the slowest all-running pace group and do the Dallas Half next December

Start going back to OrangeTheory in Dec 2 days a week until the weight loss challenge--then it goes to 3 days a week. I love OrangeTheory, but realize we probably cannot afford it if I quit, so I'm at least going to do their 6 week weight loss challenge that starts mid January. It was a huge motivator for me last year--I was in the top 5 women "losers." Haha and then I got pregnant and started over

It will be a TON of exercise in Jan/Feb but I know myself and if I don't have something externally motivating me, I'll dilly dally for 6 months losing nothing and wasting time.

Hopefully by the end of March, I'll have lost most of the pregnancy weight and have established some good habits going forward. My goal is for it to be "safe" for me to start buying some new summer clothes for my birthday at the end of April
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Ugh. I totally eat 3000 calories a day now. I hate pumping. I don't see how you could eat 1800 and breastfeed. You're much stronger than me!! Plus I grab whatever is fast I think I eat 4 protein bars a day 😳. So bad. Makes me depressed. And I can't really work out yet.... It's been 13 weeks and I'm still all f'ed up. Fun fun fun.

I weigh about what I weighed pre-pregnancy, but I don't look the same and my clothes are super tight. I need to do something.... I just don't know what!

I really want to be physically better so I can try the kayla itsines guides. Has anyone tried them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great goals, ST! I want to do a half marathon so much, but every time I go over about 5 miles, the shin splints come back. :-/ I've ordered some compression sleeves, so hopefully those will help. Maybe I'll be ready to run with you when you do it!

Post partum is so hard, JDAZ. If you're close to your pre-pregnancy weight, it sounds like you are on the right track with your calorie intake. Your body may take a year to get everything back into place, and most moms I know still have extra belly skin that doesn't flatten out. The price we pay...
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
          Ugh. I totally eat 3000 calories a day now. I hate pumping. I don't see how you could eat 1800 and breastfeed. You're much stronger than me!! Plus I grab whatever is fast I think I eat 4 protein bars a day 😳. So bad. Makes me depressed. And I can't really work out yet.... It's been 13 weeks and I'm still all f'ed up. Fun fun fun.

I weigh about what I weighed pre-pregnancy, but I don't look the same and my clothes are super tight. I need to do something.... I just don't know what!

I really want to be physically better so I can try the kayla itsines guides. Has anyone tried them?

I'm impressed if you are already back to your pre pregnancy weight! Fwiw, it just seems to take awhile for hips and ribs to go back...plus you had twins! They do go back though eventually...

I may need to eat more than 1800-2000--my supply might drop. As long as I'm not overeating I'll lose something though. Don't forget you are feeding 2, I just have 1!

I had an awful moment today where I tried on a sweater that was bought to accommodate my body postpartum with my first kid...and it was way too tight. So many of my clothes aren't even close to fitting now. I know some of this is still just water weight but ugh I need to suck it up and just buy more yoga pants to get me through the next 6 weeks

Laurie I'm so on board for the Dec half! I'm hoping too do an Oct sprint tri with DH too. I haven't done one since N was born.

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Great plans folks. Love it.

Achilles still sore but been on my feet a lot but no running. Anyone got any experience of running after tweaking Achilles? Would love to run but don't want to aggravate it.
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

• I wish I had some advice, Dave. Injuries are such an infuriating reason why we can't run!

Speaking of injuries, I'm just doing ellipticals for now until my shins quit burning. Did 30 minutes yesterday, and then DH showed me how to do the pull-up/dip machine. I think that will be great - I'm really feeling it today! So ready to start seeing more progress in my upper body. I'm still slacking on core. Need to do better there, too.
              Laurie

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                I wish I had some advice, Dave. Injuries are such an infuriating reason why we can't run!

Speaking of injuries, I'm just doing ellipticals for now until my shins quit burning. Did 30 minutes yesterday, and then DH showed me how to do the pull-up/dip machine. I think that will be great - I'm really feeling it today! So ready to start seeing more progress in my upper body. I'm still slacking on core. Need to do better there, too.
                Pilates. If you can, find a Pilates or Iyengar yoga class.

I've come out of both thinking I might collapse.
                Kris

Comment

I wish I had some advice, Dave. Injuries are such an infuriating reason why we can't run!

The pull-up machine is the thing I miss SO much from belonging to a gym! Love making progress on that!
                  Alison

Comment

• I'm in compression socks which seems to have helped and I've reached a week off now. I may try something gentle tomorrow.

Thanks for tips and I hope shins feel better soon.
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

Great goals, ST! I want to do a half marathon so much, but every time I go over about 5 miles, the shin splints come back. :-/ I've ordered some compression sleeves, so hopefully those will help. Maybe I'll be ready to run with you when you do it!

Post partum is so hard, JDAZ. If you're close to your pre-pregnancy weight, it sounds like you are on the right track with your calorie intake. Your body may take a year to get everything back into place, and most moms I know still have extra belly skin that doesn't flatten out. The price we pay...
                      I don't claim to be an expert, but when I used to get shin splints I found I could avoid them by stretching before and after.I recommend googling stretches to avoid shin splints, plus then workouts to avoid shin splints (I seem to recall strengthening parts of your leg could reduce risk). Also running on softer surfaces when increasing distance to reduce impact. Make sure you aren't increasing too fast either! I'm guilty of this over the years and it's always a recipe for disaster! I hope this helps at all, I wish you the best of luck in figuring out what works for you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      Grace

Comment

• Thank you, Grace!
                        Laurie

Comment

• Oh man I am feeling the week of eating... I ran 6 miles Sunday, 5 miles yesterday, and have been walking lots but it definitely did not counteract. Looking forward to a healthy week ahead.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                          Grace

Comment

• Back on pace! Achilles held up to a3 mile pounding but *snap* [MENTION=5078]gcuthbe1[/MENTION] I'm feeling a week's resting and no running taking its toll.
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh man, I'm feeling the Thanksgiving pounds, too. Thinking a lot of salads and seafood will be in the menu next week...
                              Laurie

Comment

• Two workouts in 2 days after essentially 6 weeks off. Ouch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X