Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Easy Healthy Weeknight Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone always asks for this recipe after they have it. I got it from another mom after a playdate years ago. Still a family fave.

1/2 cup vegetable oil (canola)
    1/4 cup sesame seeds
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    3 TB of sugar
    couple of handfuls of pasta (bowtie is perfect for this)
    baby spinach
    rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces.

Cook and drain pasta. Set aside. Heat oil in large pan over med heat. Add seasame seeds and toast until golden brown. Depending on the heat this will happen quickly. Start low. Set aside and allow to cool while you fall into a pinterest vortex. When sufficiently cooled (soy sauce will jump out of hot oil!) stir in soy sauce and sugar. Add chicken chunks and cooked pasta. Toss to coat and throw over greens. Toss it all and enjoy.
    -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
      Everyone always asks for this recipe after they have it. I got it from another mom after a playdate years ago. Still a family fave.

1/2 cup vegetable oil (canola)
      1/4 cup sesame seeds
      1/3 cup soy sauce
      3 TB of sugar
      couple of handfuls of pasta (bowtie is perfect for this)
      baby spinach
      rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces.

Cook and drain pasta. Set aside. Heat oil in large pan over med heat. Add seasame seeds and toast until golden brown. Depending on the heat this will happen quickly. Start low. Set aside and allow to cool while you fall into a pinterest vortex. When sufficiently cooled (soy sauce will jump out of hot oil!) stir in soy sauce and sugar. Add chicken chunks and cooked pasta. Toss to coat and throw over greens. Toss it all and enjoy.
      I love falling into a Pinterest Vortex! This recipe sounds perfect
      Paramedic and dog lover, girlfriend to an MS1, here to find friends and support during this journey

Comment

You will love it. I store the leftover ck/pasta seperately. It reheats beautifully in the micro and then toss over fresh spinach again.
        -Ladybug

Comment

About a month ago I had zucchini and mushrooms that we're going to go bad when I was leaving town so I sauteed with cooking spray, put in pyrex and froze. Sunday I took out of the freezer and last night I mixed with tomato sauce I made last week and topped with fresh mozzarella. Not something I totally planned, but it worked out really well!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          Grace

Comment

Yummm best post work out meal yet:

Smoothie:
            Strawberry IdealShake
            Banana
            Almond butter
            Soy milk
            Chia seeds

Lots of calories but I'll drink it throughout the day

Comment

This is our favorite marinade for grilled chicken breast (does great in the oven too). My kids love this.

This makes a massive amount for seven pieces of bird. Adjust as needed. Marinate for at least 1/2 hour, but longer is better IMO. I will freeze bags of marinating chicken and pull them out in the morning. Ready to grill after work. The flavor is great, but not so strong that you can't throw leftover chicken into anything-quesadillas, soups, salads, anything.

Makes for seven boneless chicken breasts:

2 tsp of salt
              1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
              2 Tbs dry mustard
              1 cup oil (any kind)
              1/2 cup red wine vinegar
              3/4 cup soy sauce
              1 tsp pepper
              1 tsp minced garlic
              1.5 tsp parsley flakes

label and freeze bags
              -Ladybug

Comment

I’m really not a Gwyneth Paltrow / Goop follower, but I heard this was amazing and tried it last night and it is so delicious! I threw in some polenta, and I’ve heard you can add quinoa too. Topped it with avocado and sour cream.

Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili
                https://goop.com/recipes/turkey-and-sweet-potato-chili/

Comment

That does look amazing! I'm not a big fan of hers either, but I did just start using this vintners daughter face serum she promotes last month because I felt like all my face products were irritating my contact dermatitis/hand eczema. I have to say, for natural stuff, I was pleasantly surprised. Going back to real products as soon as my hands are fine again, but in the meantime... and I'll try the chili, I feel like it's got to be yummy... sweet potatoes and chili, I'd totally eat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That chili does sound pretty good!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X