Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New kitchen table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Love it. FWIW, [MENTION=1257]Deebs[/MENTION], the indoor/outdoor I got for my living room -- which I think is the same kind MrsC got, also from Overstock, is soft with a short pile. My kids wrestle on it and it doesn't cause rug burn or anything. You'd never know it was an indoor/outdoor.
      Last edited by MrsK; 08-30-2015, 08:27 AM.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I always imagined indoor/outdoor rugs feeling like astroturf. I'm so glad to know that's not the case. Our Frenchie has managed to have an accident on every rug we've ever bought, so the idea of getting something we could wash off easily is very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
          I always imagined indoor/outdoor rugs feeling like astroturf. I'm so glad to know that's not the case. Our Frenchie has managed to have an accident on every rug we've ever bought, so the idea of getting something we could wash off easily is very exciting.
          Gosh, you all must think I'm crazy recommending it. Really, indoor /outdoor rugs have come a long way.

Comment

Not at all, [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION]! It's just hard to wrap my mind around without having touched one in person. 😉

Comment

This is what ours looks like.

Comment

Hm, my FLOR needs replaced desperately, because some tiles are permanently stained with dog urine, but with a new puppy coming, we hardly want to invest in something that's going to end up in the same condition. This is sounding better all the time. I had the same issues as OG, "indoor/outdoor" implies plasticky to me, but I trust your judgment!
                Alison

Comment

Read the reviews carefully. They'll tell you if it's soft and avoid looped rugs.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the tips. We got our last rug from Overstock too, but the sale that's on right now is off the hook! I also saw a review that talked about putting an indoor/outdoor in front of the doors to trap mud -- genius. Don Aslett recommends industrial door mats but my husband hates the look -- he replaced the one I had with a Oriental-style rug that is too small to trap anything and bunches up on its backing. I may be getting a nice big rug for the entryway as well! Whoo!
                    Alison

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread [MENTION=1139]MrsC[/MENTION], but one more question -- did y'all get pads to go under the rug? We didn't get one for our dining room, because it's anchored by the dining table. The living room will also have heavy-ish furniture to keep it in place, but we slide and move the chairs around to clean and stuff, plus we might want the extra cushioning for that area. Any thoughts?
                      Alison

Comment

We just ordered one for the dining room. I got VERY sick of spilled soy milk going sour. Even using the carpet cleaner immediately after the spill didn't take care of it.
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I use a 5×7 outdoor rug inside my front door. That one is looped and has a more jute-like look. I got that one at Target. I use non-slip mats under both rugs.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                            Sorry to hijack your thread [MENTION=1139]MrsC[/MENTION], but one more question -- did y'all get pads to go under the rug? We didn't get one for our dining room, because it's anchored by the dining table. The living room will also have heavy-ish furniture to keep it in place, but we slide and move the chairs around to clean and stuff, plus we might want the extra cushioning for that area. Any thoughts?
                            I didn't put anything under it. The backing is quite firm so it doesn't move or bunch up. A pad might be nice on a tile floor or if kids are playing on it. Although my kid doesn't care what surface he plays on.
                            Amazon has a pretty good selection too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                              I didn't put anything under it. The backing is quite firm so it doesn't move or bunch up. A pad might be nice on a tile floor or if kids are playing on it. Although my kid doesn't care what surface he plays on.
                              Amazon has a pretty good selection too.
                              I think I have my choice narrowed down to a couple of rugs, I hope I can make myself make a decision ASAP (before the sale ends)! Thanks for your input and advice, everyone who chimed in on this side discussion.
                              Alison

Comment

Working...
                              X