Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

#BlackLivesMatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Blacks come to grips with how they have become the racist I'll give a damn again. Stop hailing thugs as heroes, they are not Rosa parks. Police will treat thuggish culture the same no matter the race it is composed of.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      Have you been to our introduction board?
      We'd love to "meet" you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The way that sounds is like the men of Sodom calling to Lot so they might meat the angels.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
        I don't think that's what anyone here is saying. This is an online community for spouses of physicians - if that's you, please come on over to our introductions/welcome thread and tell us about yourself!
        Does my spouses specialty also give credential to my opinions. Or am I just another trophy bimbo without him. OMG what if we're both Phds¿

Comment

And not one link was seen

Comment

Don't feed the trolls people.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm Sorry princess , I'll make a deal with you¡, If you can refrain from calling me a Troll, I'll try to avoid labeling you as a gold digger and furthermore stick to discussing the topic at hand without any ad hominem arguments or gratuitous insults to other members.

Comment

LOL. Someone forgot their meds today.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                  Body cams prove what really happened. But they treat the symptoms, not the disease. I agree that they should be used, but they're not any kind of solution.
                  I think that playing the race card is a misdiagnosed symtom. The underlying cause is criminal culture , that is persistent in low income culture and has given the appearance of a race stereotype.

Comment

Has anyone seen the videotape recently released of the 17 year old boy killed by police in Chicago? It's appalling to me. I feel disturbed after watching it. It took a year and a lawsuit for the video to be released. It clearly shows that the police lied about the circumstances of this child's death. It seems like a department-wide conspiracy.

I started watching videos posted on blacklivesmatters FB pages and have seen video after video of what I can only say is police brutality. People in handcuffs not resisting and being punched in the face repeatedly. Even worse is the response of many people in the public forums that are making outright, frightening racist comments.

My heart feels heavy for the African American community today.

Comment

I haven't seen it but I have seen enough cops having regret for finding themselves on the defensive end of the circle. And 17 is NOT a CHILD.

Comment

Can we get some admin attention to the troll please? We shouldn't tolerate this racist bullshit in here.
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I banned this person for racism. I did it from my phone without taking an admin majority vote. In this case, I hope I will be forgiven for not getting permission. I know everyone is busy with the holidays.

Comment

I would love to be able to discuss this topic and how we can help our African American friends. I have 2 African American friends directly impacted by what is happening in Minneapolis right now. I also have a friend who is a white officer involved in counseling police officers. She and her family are also being negatively impacted.

I guess this holiday season I am feeling a strong desire to find a way to come together and help each other. I want peace and equality. I don't my friends with black children to have to fear for their future. I don't want my friends who are good police officers to be hurt.

I even wonder how we help the black community at an even deeper level so that they can have equal opportunities from birth.

I see families every day now impacted by institutionalized racism. Black children are diagnosed with more significant mental illness and are more heavily medicated. It's shocking. They receive less help at school and often get lesser medical and mental health care.

Maybe it is time for me to drive out to Minneapolis and march with #blm. Or send food. I already provide their children the best care I know how to give with my limited experience.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                              I banned this person for racism. I did it from my phone without taking an admin majority vote. In this case, I hope I will be forgiven for not getting permission. I know everyone is busy with the holidays.

Thank you. To my knowledge, this person was not a known member but someone who only appeared to post inflammatory remarks on this thread.
                              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I agree, thanks Kris. Thanks for protecting our community from someone clearly just trying to make trouble.
                                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X