Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Josh duggar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh duggar

What a piece of shit! TLC cancelled the show, I wonder what else will happen. Those poor girls!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

It took TLC long enough to pull the show! UGH!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

So clearly the family shouldn't have done a TV show. We can take that as a given.

But, what does a family do in this situation? The boy is still your son. If it's a stranger, you call the cops, have them prosecuted, etc. but if it's your own son? What do you do? Clearly you protect the girls, get counseling, etc. I don't know...I just don't even know. You ruin your kid's life if you turn them in...but you could ruin the girls' lives by not...

I know it's horrible but it doesn't make him any less your son.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I get that he's their son but he's a full on predator. And what worse, I think it speaks volumes that all of their statements speak to what they did to help him "recuperate" and how sorry he is and how he's asked god for forgiveness...and yet nothing I've read mentions what they've done to help his VICTIMS which sadly are also their own daughters, and their recovery/coping. Patriarchical fundamentalist bullshit it absolutely disgusts me. But I am not one single iota surprised. I knew under all that repression lurked some fucked up dysfunction. Oldest story in the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I can't even truly express in polite words, or even somewhat rude ones, how I feel about these people. I'm disgusted by him and his parents, and I'm disgusted by the fact that the news coverage is all about him and his views rather than about the impact that his actions have on his victims.

His parents chose to protect him, and their reputations, above protecting their own daughters. They live an extremist lifestyle that devalues women and treats their children as tools of religion and politics, and they covered this up and then went ahead and continued to exploit their children for publicity on their TV show. They are sick, sick people.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Josh duggar

Oh and think about how disgusting and irresponsible it is that his parents and now-wife encouraged him to get married and have children. That creep shouldn't be around kids. If he were anyone else besides who he is and in normal non-fundie society he wouldn't be able to even be near schools and yet his family was helping portray him as a godly family man? Fuck. Them.

Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Yes to everything WPW and MsSB said.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

People of all religions can molest people.

I'm not asking to discuss their religion which DOES NOT ALLOW FOR INCEST. I'm asking what you would do if it was your son...
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                  Oh and think about how disgusting and irresponsible it is that his parents and now-wife encouraged him to get married and have children. That creep shouldn't be around kids.
                  So you're saying that there is absolutely no hope for anyone to ever be rehabilitated from ANYTHING? I'm not saying it's common, I'm just saying if you feel that way then you would have no hope if this is your kid...

They clearly did NOT react with the appropriate counseling for either him or the girls. But I'd like to believe it's humanly possible to change even from a mistake as big as this one.

Comment

Josh duggar

Honestly, in most cases no. Even if you've been rehabilitated for drug or alcohol addiction, you're still an addict or an alcoholic. I hate to make this correlation but I think pedophilia is innate much like sexuality is - meaning it's not something you can pray or counsel away. You can't pray the gay away and you can't pray the predatory instinct away. In my opinion.

I heard a podcast once about someone who's sexual preference was for children. He knew it from a young age. He knew it was wrong but couldn't help it. That was what did it for him. He is very active in a community of self admitting pedophiles who live their whole lives shielding themselves from children or situations where there are children because of their urges. They know it's wrong but they can't change it and try to mitigate it the best they can. It was creepy and fascinating and compelling to here - the small sect of people who know their preference is wrong but for the life of them have not been able to rid themselves of it.

So, no, I wouldn't bet that he has reformed. But maybe I'm wrong. I think you can still love your son, for sure, but I think you should encourage him to never engage with children or be near them.

Last edited by WolfpackWife; 05-22-2015, 03:09 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I also don't think the excuse of him being a curious teenage boy is valid. The person I referenced above was also a teenage boy but repeated his offenses with children of around the same age even as he got older. Also I don't think remorse and regretfulness is an accurate indicator reformation. Again I could be wrong and maybe I'm too jaded but no...I don't think he's turned it around to be a normal non-predator

sigpic

Comment

I don't think their religion is why he molested people. That's not what I was saying at all. I think their sick campaign for publicity under the guise of being a moral religious family is what caused them to cover it up rather than allowing his victims the opportunity to have justice. And I'm disgusted by the way he's taking about how he thinks God forgives him. That must be truly horrible for his victims to hear.

Comment

My biggest problem with all of this is why are we taking about him so much and whether he's reformed etc., where is the public conversation about victims rights and their needs?

Comment

Msb yes that's what I was also trying to say but you've done so much more succinctly. I could give two shits about him but am sick for his victims/sisters knowing they've had to put up a front around him while their parents parade them around.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                              I don't think their religion is why he molested people. That's not what I was saying at all. I think their sick campaign for publicity under the guise of being a moral religious family is what caused them to cover it up rather than allowing his victims the opportunity to have justice. And I'm disgusted by the way he's taking about how he thinks God forgives him. That must be truly horrible for his victims to hear.
                              His religion (and the religion of anyone who believes in Jesus) would say that he is forgiven. Forgiven isn't the same as forgotten, brushed under the rug, or doesn't matter in this life. He's not saying anything inconsistent with other murderers or rapists who believe God forgives them. He's talking about his God forgiving him, nobody else has to.

He should have been removed from his victims and received appropriate counseling and obviously so should all of the girls. But I do know that this would be horrific as a parent to have to deal with. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X