Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! I didn't find this forum until DH was in residency, so you're lucky to be here early! I also worked in IT (programming, testing, BA) until we had kids.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
        Welcome! Madison is a great town; my husband did an away rotation there, and ranked them for EM residency, but didn't match with them.
        I'm also a techie, mostly web development, but some server management (web/ftp/email).

Maybe you could work for Epic; they're right near Madison, aren't they?

I've checked them out briefly. Epic definitely does sound like a good place to work. I'm also looking at a few other businesses in the area. CDW has a NOC out there and that sounds like a good opportunity as well.

Comment

Welcome! We're in MKE as well! Here for residency.

Comment

Oh, that's nice that you dont have a cross country move. We were fortunate and only had to move within the midwest for residency too. Helps to have some consistency amongst all the change.

Wife of a PGY-5
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Hi! My dad is from Wisconsin. Madison is a lovely city! Are you also a chef?? I loooove cooking and am always looking for new cooking skills and ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome! Good luck on the journey!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

It's been a busy couple of months since I started this thread...

About three weeks after my original post I lost my job. I was out of work for about a month and now I'm working for the state of Wisconsin - in Madison, right across the street from the capitol!

We are officially and totally moved out to Madison and my wife will be starting classes in a couple weeks!

Exciting times all around!

Comment

Madison is the best!!!!! Especially in the summer!
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I'm jealous! I love Madison
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Congrats on the new job! Hope you are getting settled in.

Wife of a PGY-6
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome to the mix! Great bunch here and I'm glad you're joining in! The insight and support is fab. Looking forward to hearing about yourself.

Dave
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=5015]The_Techie_Chef[/MENTION]. It sure is a great place here My DF is in school too (MS3). By the sounds of things I need to add Madison to my list of places to visit one day. Congrats on the new job and I hope things are settling down after the recent madness.
                            ~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

Comment

Working...
                            X