Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

April Stitch Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told my stylist to do all cocktail dresses this time --- because I had a bear of a time deciding on one for the benefit last weekend. I'm wondering what styles they will suggest. That said, I'm not buying 5 cocktail dresses! It will be like playing dress up, I hope.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I had my first total miss this past month. Well, except a necklace but otherwise I could've bought the lot on a Walmart clearance rack. I told her that while yes, I have six children, please don't ever try to dress me like I'm dragging them through Walmart clothes shopping
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

It's here!

Franky Airy Knit Cardigan $38
        Carlita Multi Chevron Print Maxi Dress $78

Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse $54
        Triste Swing Skirt $58

Emer Cropped Straight Leg Pant $98

I hate the cardigan and the pants. I like the color of the pants, but they're the stretchy slip on kind with no zipper, buttons, or pockets, and I don't think they're super flattering.

I love the dress in theory and had actually pinned it, but I really need a petite size. I don't think it's really flattering as is, although I think it could be very easily altered to work - I'll have to take another picture and show you.

I like the shirt, but I think it's too short. This one is petite, but I only buy petite tops about half the time because while they fit better in the arms and chest, they obviously tend to be too short in the torso.

The skirt isn't bad, but I don't really know how to wear it, and I don't know how flattering it is either.

Thoughts?
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

ALOY, you must have either lost weight or they sent sizes too big for you. Out of all the pieces, I like the skirt the best. You could wear it with a more fitted shirt and one of your cardigans. Speaking of cardigans...the one they sent looks 2 sizes too big.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
            ALOY, you must have either lost weight or they sent sizes too big for you. Out of all the pieces, I like the skirt the best. You could wear it with a more fitted shirt and one of your cardigans. Speaking of cardigans...the one they sent looks 2 sizes too big.
            I totally agree on the cardigan. I don't get it at all. And I definitely haven't lost weight - I'm up a few more and really need to get it back off.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'd send it all back.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love the skirt with the green shirt tucked in. I'd probably keep those. I don't like the rest enough to recommend keeping.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I like the skirt and green shirt too. If you think the green shirt is too short (not sure if that's the one you were talking about), I saw one that's very similar in jcrew' window this morning. I think the style looks very nice on you. (Good color too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would keep the skirt and the dress if you're willing to tailor it.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

April Stitch Fix

I'd send it all back too. It just doesn't fit you right and it's too pricey as it is to spend too much on tailoring. I agree with others that it really looks like they got the sizing wrong.

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I sent it all back. I hate losing the styling fee again, but I don't want to pay that much for clothes I don't love. I'll give it one more try, then I'm done. My early fixes were so fun - I don't know why they're missing so much. I actually really loved all of these pieces though, the fit just wasn't right.

Comment

Working...
                        X