Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How are you? Holiday count down version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much there... We're not doing much. I got presents in the mail to our immediate family members and DH and I aren't getting any for each other this year so we can just get baby stuff. No one to cook for but us, so we got a duck to roast and will make a nice dessert and otherwise keep it simple. I'm taking some time off and am going to just relax!
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

We are good. Shopping complete! Mailing cards tomorrow. We do however have many many many presents to wrap. Thank heaven dh is a fast wrapper and is off the entire week!
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I have the neighbor girl coming tomorrow for a few hours so I can make my big grocery and Costco runs. We are having the IL's over for Christmas afternoon lunch and then my family invades for 3 days on the 26th. I still have two small gifts to get and a handful of things to wrap, of course that doesn't count FIL, BIL or SIL who still don't have gifts because do haven't had 2 minutes to talk to my DH about them, I think we'll just do restaurant gift cards for BIL and SIL but no ideas for FIL. Oh well! The preparations actually haven't been that stressful I'm just ready for it to be here and done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I was doing pretty awesome as I am healing well, my shopping was done, presents mostly wrapped, and all I had to work on was making chocolates, writing out cards, and enjoying myself and the kids. Until zulily effed things up and a good portion of my gifts aren't going to be here. I've been giving them ineffectual hell via email, and since they clearly don't give a rat's ass, I'm done.

I'll be busy on Amazon tomorrow morning finishing up, and probably making a Target run. My kids are off for the next two weeks, so I'll have to navigate trips around DH's schedule.

Comment

BonBon, make sure you give them hell via social media. Twitter and Facebook if they allow public comments. Give them your order number and publish their screw up for the entire world to see. I'm sorry they screwed up your Christmas order!
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yup social media.

Heidi
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I wrapped half the stuff tonight while DH is at the hospital. I'll sneak away tomorrow afternoon and do the rest. I really hope N doesn't pull the blanket off the dollhouse before then.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I got an super early start this year so we're good. Decorations are up, gifts are wrapped. Most of the food shopping is done. We're having turkey and ham for Christmas dinner. DH has Christmas Day off so we'll have a nice day just the three of us. I still don't know when the IL's are coming, which is very annoying but trying not to stress about it.
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I scaled back Christmas so I only have a few things to do a day. Portraits and cards were cut this year.

I will not reiterate my feelings about this holiday (wah, was), but let's just say it's only been the last few years that I have come to be neutral and maybe even a bit positive about it. Most of it is ridic. I love it for the kids, but that's about it.

Oops, that wasn't as hap-hap-happy as I meant it to be. I love Christmas. That's right.

One year after my youngest is over Santa, we're just going to go on a vacation somewhere warm and call it Christmas. That sounds so much better.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Purchased gifts for over 25 people. Only 3 more gifts to wrap and I'm done. I did it all online and all by myself (well DH did go to the liquor store to buy one). The last gift was purchased yesterday and I paid $6 overnight shipping. Buying all online has saved my sanity. I just can't handle crowds and cold weather with a toddler in tow!

I am getting a cold... if we can just stay healthy....

Wife of a PGY-5
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                        One year after my youngest is over Santa, we're just going to go on a vacation somewhere warm and call it Christmas. That sounds so much better.
                        Sounds like a great idea!!!

Comment

I can't even imagine doing cards and portraits, houseelf!! We've never done either.

Tree is UP! And it even worked out that DH got out of work early and put it up with us this afternoon. We are decorating together tonight. In the end, I guess it was good to have it go up so late so we could all do it together, drink hot cocoa and bicker about what colors we are using and how many lights it needs.
                          Last edited by Sheherezade; 12-22-2014, 04:18 PM.
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

48 more hours, people. 48 more hours...

DD6 just opened her birthday presents, and DS4 went into full-blown decomp mode. He laying in front of tree and presents crying. In between his sobs I've made out "That's not fair!" and "I want candy!"

I keep thinking of this scene from Old School. This is my mantra today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMq2YZloZM
                            -Ladybug

Comment

My DH officially has more gifts from patients than family this year. I'm not sure if that's awesome or a sad commentary on where he spends his time. Or if I need to do more shopping.

We just had two nuns at the door delivering cookies for him.

It's a shock to wake up to nuns at your door.

Angie
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Apocalyptic.
                                -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                                X