Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

November 27th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 27th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

Woo hoo! My first time starting one of these!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

This morning I saw balloons from DD's birthday party lying on the floor. I definitely remember deflating them last night. That means I wasted a dream on deflating balloons. :-/
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

It's 8AM and the K Bros have already set off the burglar alarm, broken a spindle from the staircase, and they won't stop rummaging. DrK is on call. I'm unpacking, cooking, and wondering how I'm going to survive today
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

LM you dream-deflated balloons?? That's amazing! LOL. I wish I was that productive while I slept

Today I have lots of cooking to do. It's 9AM and I haven't even stepped foot in the kitchen. Apparently I remembered to pick up everything at the grocery store yesterday except motivation.
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
          It's 8AM and the K Bros have already set off the burglar alarm, broken a spindle from the staircase, and they won't stop rummaging. DrK is on call. I'm unpacking, cooking, and wondering how I'm going to survive today
          I have to amend this. K2 is the cause of all mischief.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Lunch with the ILs. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Regretting the decision to go to bar method for an am workout. I am afraid I will not be able to get out of the chair at dinner.
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                This morning I saw balloons from DD's birthday party lying on the floor. I definitely remember deflating them last night. That means I wasted a dream on deflating balloons. :-/
                Oh I hate that! I dream work sometimes...I always wake up furious, haha.

Comment

Mom and stepdad aren't here yet. About to put this damn turkey breast in the oven myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Great T-Day so far. No ILs, dogs woke up 3 hrs late (so, we really slept in), made a big breakfast and now just hanging out on couch surfing the net.

Tomorrow, will be a different story. SIL is coming. She could not come today because she wanted to go to a football game. So, she will show up whenever because giving a set time is not something my ILs can do. DH will be working. My bingo squares include 1)Flinging her arms open like she is oh so glad to see me (it is an odd behavior to me since we do not have any other interactions with each other in between the infrequent visits), 2) hanging out in her room until asked to come out, 3) In the 3 days she is here, she will not use the soap or towels in the guest bath (she does not shower often because "her skin is so dry") 4) She will be "allergic" to whatever food I make OR will serve herself 2-3 small pieces of food and proceed to cut them into even smaller pieces and move them around her plate, 5) I will find candy wrappers underneath the bed in the guest room.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I just want to sit on the couch and watch football and talk to no one and have no one whine at me. Is that too much to ask???
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                        I just want to sit on the couch and watch football and talk to no one and have no one whine at me. Is that too much to ask???
                        Seems perfectly reasonable.
                        Kris

Comment

Last night I went on a snowy bike ride with friends. I borrowed a bike because Bleu doesn't have winter tires. Holy hell am I saddle sore! It flipping hurts to sit.

On the other hand, riding a fat tire bike was a blast!
                          Kris

Comment

Turkey #1 is in the oven. My period started and I don't feel like doing anything today. Turkey #2 is looking at me with a judgy face but that could just be the meds I took since logically I know it doesn't have a face...or a head.

Comment

C has been asking about the turkey's head ALL day. "It doesn't have one" and "we don't eat the head" apparently haven't covered it because we're still discussing it...
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X