Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Le Creuset pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, I think the 7qt is actually super heavy. (I think it's 7 qt anyway). There have actually been times that I've needed my DH to help me pour leftovers (which we always have, because 7qts is HUGe) into Pyrex. And it can kind of be a pain in the ass to hand wash because of the weight.

I also have the chef's oven which is considerably smaller and easier to handle. Unless we are making a huge meal, it's usually my go to.

Comment

Le Creuset pots

Joss & Main has some on there now. Not sure the prices are that amazing, but worth a look.

There is one 9qt for 360. But only in "flame." Not sure if you had a particular color in mind.

Comment

We have a 6 and a 9 and I use them equally. My thought was to get her the larger one and down the line if she wanted the other at least it's cheaper. I use mine for huge soups a lot. Either way, you want then cheaper than full price.

Ok, I'll look for various lightening deals and maybe try the outlet. I've seen knock offs at TJMaxd but never the real thing.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Yes - that's been my experience with TM at least. Once you start looking for a specific brand and size, it's like they never have them!

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            We have a 6 and a 9 and I use them equally. My thought was to get her the larger one and down the line if she wanted the other at least it's cheaper. I use mine for huge soups a lot. Either way, you want then cheaper than full price.

Ok, I'll look for various lightening deals and maybe try the outlet. I've seen knock offs at TJMaxd but never the real thing.
            That's true. I guess I would probably never but myself the 9, and if it turns out that we actually have kids.... The 7 might not be big enough for soups etc with the kind of left overs I like.

Comment

Just to confuse things...I prefer my Staub to LC. Not that the LC isn't lovely but there is something about the way the Staub cooks that is just better, imo. Again, LC is a fine product but you might want to look into the Staub as well.

I have the 8.5 oval cocotte: http://www.staubusa.com/#!oval-cocottes/cyjr

I'm not sure if you can find them for as good a deal as the LC but seriously, best pot ever!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

You aren't the first person I've heard say that!

Comment

May be too late, but they're on sale on Zulily today with guaranteed Christmas delivery on most of them (make sure you check for the red gift icon).
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Oh and williams Sonoma is having a sale (just percentage off based on total purchase price) that ends today. Maybe worth a look?

Comment

Thank you!!! I got her one for TJMaxx! It's a festive green color and I think she will love it!
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X