Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

October 25th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 25th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Two Halloween parties today. Kids are all dressed up.
    -Ladybug

Comment

Stomach bug and tonsillitis in the same week.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Just back for our state fair - it was super fun (though rides were spendy). There were animals and a really cool display of crazy unusual produce.

Growing up, our state fair was in August and it was hot and gross. I loved the fact that it was in actual harvest time. Yay!

Another reason I never want to leave.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

So jealous T&S!! I missed it this year. I love the fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I had been counting on the halloween parade today for my Fitbit steps, but it's 55 and raining and no signs of letting up. My kids are NOT interested in parading in this and I don't have quite enough motivation to bully them out the door either for the parade or for other forms of exercise. I guess it's a reading and fireplace day today...which is nice, but no exercise is actually making me twitchy. Argle-bargle.
            Alison

Comment

Terrible sister. Instead of driving 3 hrs round trip to have dinner at my parents house for her bday, I am driving 1.5 hrs round trip to have dinner with my friend and her family in from CA. I haven't seen them in a year and I haven't met her youngest son. My sister lives next to my office and I can take her out whenever. But I still feel guilty.

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

DrK braved a 3 story IKEA store with me and three kids today. The childcare was full and at least two of our kids didn't qualify. Major brownie points for the dawkter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I just signed up for my first marathon I have no idea if I can actually pull this off but guess I'm going to try.
                  Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I almost became physically sick today at barre. It was so hard. I know I was dehydrated but holy crap it was awful.

And on top of that, the dance company for dirty dancing off Broadway was in my class. Those women are not normal.
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by KlynK View Post
                      I just signed up for my first marathon I have no idea if I can actually pull this off but guess I'm going to try.
                      Awesome, way to go! I was in no way a runner when I signed up for my first marathon, plus I had an infant at home. But I followed a good training program and I totally would have made the 26.2 if I hadn't hurt my ankle and gotten a bad stomach bug all in the last few weeks of training. I downgraded to a half and it was still a terrific feeling accomplishment.
                      Alison

Comment

You can do it!!! There's a small but committed group of distance-y runners here that will encourage you!
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Thanks ladies

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...
                          X