Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

October Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Fixes

Who is getting a Stitch Fix this month? Mine is scheduled for October 17, and I've requested more pants for this fix. I need another nice pair of jeans, and I need more work pants. I got another $25 credit to spend too!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Mine is scheduled for the 12th! I really should move it later - the first half of the month is more bill-heavy in our budget.

Thought this was interesting - Stitch Fix will price match if you find one of your items at a lower price:

What if I see an item in my Stitch Fix package elsewhere for a lower price?

If you find an identical product at another online retailer within 7 days of receiving the item, we will match the lower price for you and for future clients receiving that product. Please email us the details of your item as well as a link to the lower-priced item to hello@stitchfix.com so our buying team can confirm; if the product is identical, we will match the lower price and credit you the difference. We do our best to ensure that our pricing is competitive and appreciate your help in making sure that this is always true.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Mine came! I got a pair of jeans, a necklace, and 3 shirts.

Just Black Jake Slim Ankle Length Jean - $88
      Love these. I'll most likely keep them.

Pixley Kara Hammered Coin Long Necklace - $34
      Love it. It's cheaper than the one I'd pinned. ($88 Lia Sophia Panorama)

Daniel Rainn Chester Mesh Detail Scoop Neck Blouse, Blue - $68
      I like this one. It's pretty similar to the one I got last month that was too big. I requested it in a smaller size.
      IMG_2627.jpg

Skies are Blue Mico Burnout Trim Knit Tank, Pink - $48
      I'm pretty meh about this one. It's very sheer and a little boring, but it would cost me more to only send it back vs keeping the whole box because of the discount.
      IMG_2628.jpg

41Hawthorn Ivy Embroidered Trim Tab-Sleeve Blouse - $68
      This is probably my favorite of the box. DH loved it, too. It'll be a great fall shirt.
      IMG_2626.jpg
      Laurie

Comment

I love it all! I'd wear a cami under the pink tank, and maybe a cardigan or light jacket over it. It's not the most flattering, but definitely worth it to keep the discount! I can't wait for mine! I bought a bunch of pants from Loft the other day because they had half off of everything, but I'm anxious to see if SF sends me stuff I like better.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Love it! That was a really good one! Maybe I should try it....

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
            Love it! That was a really good one! Maybe I should try it....
            I'm really loving it, too! She seems to stay pretty true to my Pinterest pins, so if you do, make sure you're choosing things that are good for your body type.
            Laurie

Comment

My fix shipped, so I checked to see what they sent. I specifically requested jeans and work pants. They sent a blouse, a tank, a sweater, a denim jacket, and a pair of jeans. I'll probably pick one thing that I like best since I have a credit and don't want to lose the $20, and send the rest back this month.

So, not a fix, but a clothes shipment from Loft that I'd love feedback on. They had a 50% off sale the other day, and I just ordered a bunch of stuff to see if it'd fit. The pants are all straight fit, because skinny tends to be a bit TOO skinny on me (like they don't fit over my calves).

I wish the jeans were a tiny bit longer, but I like them otherwise. The top doesn't fit as well as I'd like, and it needs a cami under it.

I like these corduroy pants. Top is nothing special, but it was cheap.

I've been trying to transition to more of this style of cardigan than the traditional style, and this is a little bit heavier than others that I have. Jeans are the same fit as the first pair, and I do already have a pair of dark jeans that I wear often. But they're only $35, and can you have too many pairs of jeans?

Black pants, very similar to ones I already have. I ordered a blue pair too, but they didn't fit well. I wish I had gotten another pair of khakis, or gray, or something besides black.

Comment

I was expecting more of a peach color - this is what it looked like online (except I only paid half that): http://www.loft.com/crochet-mixed-me...aultColor=7093

Comment

Yeah, def not a flattering color for you. Something more peachy would have been far better.

Comment

Going to keep the first pair of jeans, long sleeve top, cardigan, and corduroys (though hubby said he didn't like them). Debating on the second pair of jeans, but will take everything else back. I saved over $100!

Comment

My daughter's box is month was totally trendy and kind of retro punk rock. She was in love with a pair of Merlot waxed jeans with zippers and snaps as details. Sadly, not an outfit for school (for her at least) and $180. She packed them up to return but I could tell she was depressed about it. Now I'm looking for a cheaper version for a Christmas gift.

Angie
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

LM, you look great! Allison, the pants look good on you and I agree about the top.

Comment

Finally got around to trying on my fix. Terrible pictures, but you get the idea.

Jeans $78 - They fit really well in the waist and hips, but I think they're too short, plus I found jeans I like better at Loft that were half the price.
                          Sweater $58 - Nothing special. I think it would stretch out with wearing.

Blouse $74 - I really like this, but it's expensive.

Tank $58 - I like it in theory, but it's a little tight.

Denim jacket $88 - I liked this better than I thought I would, but I don't really like how dark it is, and the sleeves are way too long, coming to my fingertips when they're down by my side.

Comment

I like the blouse and jacket, but they are both pretty expensive, even after the styling fee...
                            Laurie

Comment

Love the jacket! Can the sleeves be shortened?
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X