Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What food can you just not quit eating once you start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I am pretty good with most of the normal suspects.

However, I totally pig out on Cake or frosted cookies. I have a sweet tooth like nobody's business. But candy will sit for days. Weird.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

All the things. It's a problem. I need to go to meetings.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Crackers. The last time I bought the gorgonzola crackers from Trader Joes I ate half the box before I got the rest of my groceries put away.

Comment

If it's got chocolate in it it's a likely culprit. Candy, cookies, cake, whatever -- if it's chocolate, the beast rages.

Pringles here too. And chips with hummus. And cheese. OMG cheese...
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Nutella
            Kris

Comment

What food can you just not quit eating once you start?

Besides all the things,my true loves include cheese, (melted gooey cheese, crusty browned cheese, cut cold cheese. God. Cheese.) and ice cream (so many favors, pints, and pints of luscious caramel and chocolate and nuts).

You people make me relapse. I was about to earn my 30 minute token of sobriety. Where's my cheese? Get into my belly!!!!
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

There isn't really anything that I can't stop eating. I don't have a huge appetite, anyway, so when I've hit my limit, I'm done. If I keep eating after I feel full, I get really physically uncomfortable.

Comment

Lucky, DD! I think I lack the sensors for the "I'm full" messages from my stomach... Only sort of joking!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

those pancakes with the sausage on a stick.. i swear I can eat like 5!!!

Comment

Anything greasy / salty / crunchy !!!!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Chicken Sawagla with Basmatti rice and cauliflower. And also Ferrero Rocher Chocolate :O oh god! I love that chocolate!

Comment

Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! Oreos will work in a pinch too, but I really don't care too much for the double stuffed. I also love those frosted sugar cookies. I'm the Cookie Monster!!!

Nutella, Caramel Cone Haagen Dazs, and like WPW I'm a sucker for any form of fried potatoes.

I can resist the temptation of most of these things (except chocolate chip cookies) if they're sitting in my house, but for some reason, once the seal has been broken, it's on like Donkey Kong and there's no stopping me!
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Oh, also bacon. One of my fondest holiday memories was one Thanksgiving when it was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and my grandfather took all of us to a nice hotel's Thanksgiving buffet thing. I don't remember the details, but I DO remember that among the plethora of food there was a Bacon Goldmine that my cousins and I hit pretttttty hard. Several times. I'm pretty sure our Thanksgiving meal consisted of several heaping plates of bacon and then some jello sundaes.
                            Last edited by WolfpackWife; 09-26-2014, 08:45 AM.
                            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

WPW, I'm so with you on bacon and potatoes. Holy shit, I love bacon. Bacon and Jell-O, mmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X