Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

30 Day Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having mixed success. I was sick this week and did little. The week before was much better. Today was my first day without a fever and I got in a 30 min walk. Better than nothing.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Let's just say my day 3 starts tomorrow... :/
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Yay Kris! A 30 minute walk is way better than nothing!

My Fitbit battery died today. I'd been ignoring the low-battery warnings because it's supposed to last 4-6 months and it'd only been just over 3 months. Also, this one is a warranty replacement of my original one, which got replaced because of poor battery life. So, I'm a bit annoyed. But whatever, I've got new batteries on order so I'll be back up and running tomorrow-ish, and in the meantime I got a nice brisk 40 minutes or so on my walk this morning!

Two weeks of my challenge are completed, I've lost 2.5 pounds and DH even noticed I am a little slimmer and I just generally feel good. Thanks to Kris, Kelly, and Lovelight for inspiring and launching this challenge!
        Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
          Two weeks of my challenge are completed, I've lost 2.5 pounds and DH even noticed I am a little slimmer and I just generally feel good. Thanks to Kris, Kelly, and Lovelight for inspiring and launching this challenge!
          Yay! You're rocking it!

Forgot to post this morning my walk for day 10 (I think today is day 10 anyhow...). I also did some breaking down of cardboard boxes for recycling. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it was hardcore and I definitely worked up a huge sweat. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Um, so as an update, the Fitbit people are doing a warranty replacement of this one too! Go figure! I don't know whether to be impressed by the service (this will be twice they've just replaced it no questions and let me keep the old one) or increasingly skeptical that they're not actually fixing whatever the problem is. Well, anyway I'm getting a new thingie and new thingies rock.

Forgot to post this morning my walk for day 10 (I think today is day 10 anyhow...). I also did some breaking down of cardboard boxes for recycling. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it was hardcore and I definitely worked up a huge sweat. Lol
            Working up a sweat is your indicator that your heart's a-pumpin'! Strong work!
            Alison

Comment

Um, so as an update, the Fitbit people are doing a warranty replacement of this one too! Go figure! I don't know whether to be impressed by the service (this will be twice they've just replaced it no questions and let me keep the old one) or increasingly skeptical that they're not actually fixing whatever the problem is.
              The battery is usually rechargeable, right? And yours keeps losing the ability to recharge?

Day 11 - walk complete and a few more boxes recycled

Comment

WTG Alison!!!

I'm on day 9 today and I plan to walk during DD's 90 minute soccer practice tonight.
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
                  The battery is usually rechargeable, right? And yours keeps losing the ability to recharge?
                  No, mine is the Zip which is not rechargeable. It uses a 3V coin battery, which costs about $1 to replace so it's not a big deal. But with my first tracker the batteries seemed to drain faster and faster over time. This one is just a wee bit shorter battery life than expected, so I'm kind of shocked they decided to replace it, but they said that their system had registered a fluctuation in the voltage when I synced it? I dunno.
                  Alison

Comment

Ah, got it! Hopefully all systems are a go this time around!

Comment

DD and I walked to town and back, about 15 minutes each way. It was at kindergartener speed so I don't know if it really counted as active, but I'll probably have some walking to and from the soccer field tonight as well.
                      Alison

Comment

Got a second walk in today since the weather was finally "cooler" in the evening.

Comment

A couple of meh days, without my fitbit I think I've found it easier to slack. But today I have a new battery, and DH decided to take the day off of biking, so we got a 3.5 mile kid-free hike done before he had to get ready for work! We did a loop on the beach and the bluff, and saw three herons, a bald eagle, and dozens of the usual plovers, loons, and seagulls.
                          Alison

Comment

Love, love, love bald eagles!! We don't get them here. Forgot to add in my walk for day 12, but I did it this am.

Comment

Walked to the ice cream shop while DD biked, so she could spend her tooth fairy money on a "salted carmel, with chocklit sprinkles, on a cake cone please." Got 24 minutes from that, then walking to and from the soccer field and dribbling a ball around with DD while brother had his practice, netted me another 7. W00t!
                              Alison

Comment

Too cute! Morning walk finished here.

Comment

Working...
                                X