Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

30 Day Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Day Challenge

As on offshoot of Kris' thread, I'm officially starting my 30 day challenge. Just finished my walk for day 1.

Anyone else in? Some kind of exercise each day for 30 days...let's make each other accountable so I don't peter out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in! Should I join-along here or start my own thread?
    Alison

Comment

I say join along.

Comment

Sweet! I started Monday, my goal is to get 30 "active minutes" on my Fitbit daily at least through September, and also to stick with my VB6 diet plan about that long. I'll go take my walk right now!
        Alison

Comment

Awesome! How long have you had your fitbit? Do you like? I've considered getting one, but can't justify spending the money yet.

Comment

I got it for Christmas 2013 and I love it! It has made me so much more aware of the simple choices I make that make my lifestyle more sedentary or less so. I was really diligent for the first two months or so and lost about 6 pounds. Since then I haven't been consistent about meeting my step goals, but just that awareness I think has helped me to maintain my weight and stay moderately active.

Got 36 minutes today! I took my walk down along the shore, hoping to catch a glimpse of the transient orca whales that have been in our area the last couple of days, but no luck.
            Alison

Comment

Too cool. Hope you get to see them soon! We booked a whale watching excursion a few years back when we visited Alaska, but it was cancelled on account of weather. Still makes me sad!

Just finished my walk for day 2. A little shorter than yesterday, but I finished it off by hauling palm fronds to the curb for trash pickup so I feel ok about it.

Comment

They're the transient whales that can be sighted intermittently in our area, I guess they are hanging out nearby snacking on seals so I still might have a chance some day soon! But at the beginning of the summer we went on a whale watch a few miles from here and got to hang out with the whole L pod of southern residents, which was amazing. We actually saw Granny L2, whose estimated age is 103 years!

Today will be a little tough because DD is sick so I probably won't take her on a walk to the library like I'd planned. Hopefully DH takes pity and hangs out with her for a while this afternoon after his meeting and taking his friend home from surgery and going on his own bike ride.
                Alison

Comment

Phew, finally. I had to walk during DS's soccer practice, which made me nervous because at last practice the boy had a serious case of sensory overload, overwhelm, and meltdown. So it was a leap of faith for me to walk out of earshot. And I got caught up chatting with people I hadn't seen for months, so I worried that would affect my pace and hurt my "active minute" count. But I got it! 31 minutes, baby!
                  Alison

Comment

Sweet! Glad you got it in and no meltdowns were had!

We have a peds appt tomororw during out typical walk time so I might have to get mine in once the temps hit the 90s. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
                      Sweet! Glad you got it in and no meltdowns were had!

We have a peds appt tomororw during out typical walk time so I might have to get mine in once the temps hit the 90s. Wish me luck!
                      How'd it go? Just got back from my walk, gorgeous day. 67 and clear. The mountain is super visible.

baker.jpg (This webcam is a few blocks away from my house.)

I've been "cheating" on my VB6 by adding a sprinkle of cheese at lunch. I think I'm will well within the spirit of the project though.
                      Alison

Comment

Cool. I start tomorrow! I will have my goal be a 15 minute walk with good eating (no snacking like I'm possessed). When does our challenge end?

Kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

BTW, I am aware that 15 minutes sounds like nothing. I just have to start somewhere.

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Step 1 is building the habit, doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes or 60 as long as you're getting out there. Yay!

I think you can do 30 days starting when you start, or just go through to the end of September. Maybe get to 9/30 and see if you're on a roll and ready to set a new challenge for October? I'm thinking that's what I'll do.
                            Alison

Comment

Awesome! So glad you're in.

I have to say I'm disappointed I didn't make it today. The baby got his two months shots first thing this am and slept crankily and only on me all day. Can I make up for it with a double header tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                              X