Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Back to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither, honestly. Since we both work, he's at summer camps all summer anyway, so our schedule isn't really different. I'm ready for him to start learning again, but not excited about the homework fights!

Comment

Celebrate good times!
      I'm with ladybug. June and July aren't bad. By august I'm so over the fighting. The "I'm bored" and the CONSTANT eating. My gawd. They're like locust.
      But on the flip side...all the little projects, homework, commitments...those things suck.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm in-between, too.

I like having my kids around and the school year feels so frantic with pickups and dropoff and extracurriculars and rushing everyone out the door every morning.

But, like Ladybug said, NOTHING gets done when they're all home and it's nice to have a few quiet hours during the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I think most of us are a mix. I am so excited to have an empty house regularly and maybe to do some home improvement projects! I find it so hard to relinquish control of my kids' education and of our family schedule!
          Alison

Comment

I have several pieces of furniture I bought his summer to refinish. Eep! Can't wait. I even bought an orbital sander
            -Ladybug

Comment

We should do a house projects thread or update the old one. I've got compost bins to build. Banister to refinish, rooms to paint still and a fireplace to scrape a second time.

Orbital sanders are awesome. They make a Dusty mess but work great!
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I've got so much caulk to replace, and have not painted a single room of this house since moving in 5+ years ago. It's TIME.
                Alison

Comment

My dd5 started kindergarten last week, but only had a series of half days. This is the first real week. I just want her to have a good year, and lose some of the bad vibes she associates with her school. . On the flip side, I get to stay home with my baby and get to know her without having big sister screech "play with MEEEEE, not with her!!!" Dd5 really needed school and I needed her in school.

DdBaby has been sleeping ever since we walked in the door after drop off and grocery shopping.
                  Almost 4 hours! She gets yanked out of bed in the morning, shuttled around, and stuffed in a carrier all morning, so this is her way of telling me she wants to stay put!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm on both sides. I love having them home during the summer and on the weekends but I also enjoy sending them out the door and knocking things off of my to do list. I'm way more productive during the school months than the summer months. We have so many projects going on around our house, I'm rejoicing right now!
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We officially start school Monday morning. Glad we have voice lessons in the afternoon to break up the day. Literature/history/theology and reading/writing/telling time may drive me to daytime drinking.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                      X