Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tell me about your bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your bed

We bought a new mattress a couple of years ago. It has a foam topper and was spendy. It was the worst investment we've made. The mattress is so uncomfortable th ast camping in the pop-up a couple of weeks ago gave me luxury sleep. DH wakes up multiple times a night uncomfortable. We have deep valleys in our mattress where each of us sleep and a mountain in the middle.
    We're hoping to get something else, but what?
    What mattress do you have? Do you like it? Would you get it again?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We have a king sized
    tempur-pedic cloud. We love it. Both of us have less back/hip pain. We've had it for a little over 2 years. Maybe 3 years?
    The only thing I don't like, but not enough to say Id never get another is, it retains body heat. It's hot in the AM when you're ready to get up!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

We have a Tempurpedic Cloud King mattress, 3 or 4 years old. It was expensive. I would do it again in a heartbeat...we love it! Both of us had developed nagging back pain that disappeared within a week of getting this mattress.
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Something we bought at TJMaxx for $500. I think it was a Serta. It's a pillowtop and nice enough. It's pretty firm but DH and I both like it because we both grew up sleeping on hard, cheap mattress and hate soft ones now! My only regret is getting a queen. We really need a king with the little ones, but I have a queen headboard I love!

ETA: If there is anything to spend money on, it is probably a bed. Think about how much time you spend there!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

King Temperpedic. Love it!
          Needs

Comment

Let's see, we have a 22 year old Beautyrest pillow top. Was $1300 back in the day. Has held up amazingly well. Changing mattresses every 8 years is crazy talk
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

We have a pretty firm mattress we got at crate and barrel in the late 90's. There's no foam or pillow top but its comfortable. We got O one when he was one and it's got some squish to the top which is really comfy. I personally can't sleep on the foam mattresses. It gets too hot for me.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

We have some European Tempur brand, extra firm. Totally worth the $$. Next bed we buy (when we live in a real house and not an apartment where the bedrooms are so small the bed takes up 98% of the room) I'd like to have a king not queen

Comment

We have a king Tempurpedic, the model down from the Cloud. I wanted the Cloud (adjustable too)! DH didn't think it was worth the extra $$$. Boooo! I like sooooooft beds. This one is not soft enough for me. It also gets too warm. DH loves it though.

So, for our next bed, I want a super insanely soft mattress, and I'd like it to be cool and adjustable. Definitely still a king though.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Looks like we're the only people in the world still sleeping on a double. Lol. The mattress is at least 10 years old, but we are holding off on a new one until we can afford to get a new bed in King size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a queen which is far too small. It is actually ridiculous given that my husband is a big man. We each had queen sized beds when we married so we kept the best mattress. Ended up replacing the box spring for a split box spring because it didn't fit up the stairs in our internship home. Thw mattress is about 10 years old now and I wake up sore all the time. We just got new beds for the boys, cheap mattresses but way more comfortable than our bed. Cannot wait to replace it but want to buy a house first. Also, hate to spend money on all new bedding. So expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We have a king Simmons Beautyrest Recharge. It does have valleys and mountains based on where we sleep, but I still find it really comfortable. We had a queen that wasn't super nice, and we upgraded when our guest bed was stolen in the move. We don't have an actual bed to go with it though - it's just on the plain metal frame with a homemade headboard attached to the wall.
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Should I admit that we have the old king size mattress that the previous owners left?? We then left our queen for the resident who bought our house. DH at this time will not let me buy a new bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just bought a new queen bed. It's been 1.5 months and we are still adjusting to it. After a month we thought we might return it. We bought new pillows first and that has worked well. Still don't sleep 100% comfy but I like the blame that on the heat right now. It is a Sealy Posturepedic Bay Lane Euro Pillowtop Cushion Firm. The problem I had shopping for beds is the ones in the showroom are worn in so when you get the new bed at your house it's not as soft......
                            Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

We also have a Postruepedic Euro top which we purchased about 4 years ago. I like it for the most part, but can start to feel its wear. I think my biggest sleep issue stems from my pillows and the way I sleep rather than the mattress. My parents bought a tempurpedic for our room at their house and it's definitely a different feel. Hotter, more firm. I don't know that I necessarily like the tempurpedic bed better. All I can say is the best choice we ever made was the king size. I freaking love that thing and would never, ever, ever, EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR downsize again. It's crazy the size difference just between a queen and a king.
                              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X