Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Pet Peeves

List yours here..

I'm so annoyed with some of my FB friends right now.

Top pet peeves include:

1. Consistently writing judgmental, mommier-than-thou posts referring to self as the good mom and everyone else as being a lazy, bad mom. I'm sending lots of kid karma her way!

2. My aunt keeps posting these untrue stories, like Starbucks refusing to honor soldiers, etc. These are the things that went viral but were disproved. When I link to snopes on her timeline, she ignores me. She just had an agenda.

3. A friend who works in the ER recently posted a picture of a patient's CT scan. The patient had shoved an apple up their rectum. She posted the whole story with the picture. I couldn't help but wonder about how odd that must have been for her to snap a picture of a CT with her phone so she could post it on FB ... and hello HIPPA?

What are yours?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

She needs to be fired. Send me her info and and her hospital's number and I will report her!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Vaguebooking - when people post intentionally vague but dramatic crap just begging for people to inquire about their well being... http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/imbecil...-vaguebooking/

Also, constant posting of cheesy pictures with quotes and sayings. Not like funny cat memes, but sappy shit that asks everyone to "Like" to support sick children and veterans and disabled puppies. Hey guess what? "Liking" something on Facebook doesn't do anything for the disabled puppies, and it doesn't make you a good person.
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
        1. Consistently writing judgmental, mommier-than-thou posts referring to self as the good mom and everyone else as being a lazy, bad mom. I'm sending lots of kid karma her way!

2. My aunt keeps posting these untrue stories, like Starbucks refusing to honor soldiers, etc. These are the things that went viral but were disproved. When I link to snopes on her timeline, she ignores me. She just had an agenda.
        These two, 100%!

And all of my friends trying to sell things.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Constant religious and political stuff. Ugh.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

OMG!! And selfies!!! With duck lips. STOP!!!

Que. #selfie, by chain smokers. Lol
            Last edited by rainbabies; 04-02-2014, 08:18 PM.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Yes, the selfies by 40 year old women trying to look like they are 16!!!! Too funny!!

Also hate Vaguebooking.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I un-friend people who:

- Take and post endless selfies, but only from their car. I don't know why, but that drives me batshit crazy.

- Any and all vaguebookers.

- Any and all attention seekers who post things in hopes that someone tells them they're great/attractive/fun/whatever.

- People who post BLATANTLY racist, sexist, ableist, classist bullshit.

- All mommier-than-thous.

- Those who only post in texting shorthand. You're 40, not 15. Grow the fuck up.

- Anyone who changes their relationship status hourly and airs all of their relationship drama, good or bad.

Comment

What DD posted plus anyone that is constantly trying to sell me crap.

I also have some FB rules for myself as in we cannot be friends if we share the same zip code, work together or you are not someone that I have wondered about since college, H.S, etc. if we have not kept in touch, I am not friending you now. I also only friend one out of the couple...if you do both, you get duplicated crap all.the.time. I also do not friend you if I see you often. Why? You already know what is going on in my life. I see FB as a way to connect with those that I wish I could have over for dinner weekly but for whatever reason we cannot because of distance, travel, etc.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Facebook Pet Peeves

I thought of more.

If you work with my DH and I've literally talked to you once, don't send me a friend request. I barely even know you. We aren't friends.

Oh, and patients? Yeah, no. Even if we were friends before you became DH's patient, I will probably unfriend you. If I don't know about it? We're cool beans. If you're messaging me or texting me about some medical thing? You're gone.
                    Last edited by diggitydot; 04-03-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Hashtags. A new mom I know hashtags all her kids pictures with his name. (Although I think it may be possible to search by hashtag and if so, then I change my mind and she is smart given Facebook is essentially my children's baby books)

The fake stuff too. Hate it. Tends to be my older relatives

Or my aunt who is essentially fundraising for the Lyme disease she may or may not have.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have hidden most people who annoy me, but all of these "What member of the Rat Pack are you?" quizzes are getting super annoying.

Vaguebooking really kills me, but I've hidden most culprits except my cousin. The fake news articles kill me. Since I took my little FB break, I use it significantly less. I read my feed 1-2x a day, but I don't post much myself anymore.
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Yes to all of these. Just, yes. I kind of love Facebook for many reasons that allow me to keep in touch with people. And, I also hate it.

My number one pet peeve lately though is anti-science horseshit that people post. "Put cut onions in your socks in order to draw out toxins." It drives me batshit crazy.

The religion-pushing is maddening and vaguebooking is out-of-control. I don't hide or unfriend a lot of people that I should. I'm a masochist.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Facebook Pet Peeves

Everything that people have posted thus far: vaguebooking, mommier-than-thou, faux news articles, too many of those quizzes, attention seekers.

I have a few more:
                            Doctor bashers - whining about how much they make, how dare a doctor make them wait, posting a faux science news article and claiming they, with little to no advanced science education, know more than doctors.

Anti-vax: I know we all have varying opinions on this subject, and I'm fine with people sharing their opinions, but I can't stand it when people's anti-vax posts veer into doctor bashing and faux news as gospel.

Passive aggressive posts: I know someone who does this all the time. A recent post: "you find out who your true friends are when you ask people to help paint your house." Ummm, no. You make people not want to do anything for you when you act like that. Or, in my case, utterly f up the paint job in the entire house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

What are hashtags? I don't get them, even after reading Wiki. I find them super annoying.

I hate all the ads FB puts into my feed now. It's ridiculous.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                              X