Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Male medspouse roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male medspouse roll call

How many of us are regular readers if not regular posters?

There's me (very infrequent poster, occasional reader, new).

There's RocketBoy and william, who are both new (yes?)

And the old guard is...?

checking in (lol)
    i was wondering how many males there were on this site

Comment

I'm here too.

Comment

i am a guy poster...
        Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

so wheres all the "GUY" topics at?

Comment

Wait lemme check..........yep, still a guy....

Comment

Staying Sane?

I found this a month late. That is a problem. I am not sure how to keep track of threads that are relevant. Great to get the guys together. This med-school thing is seeming a lot longer than I thought. To be honest I did not know what to think after all the years of prep. We are in the second month and it has finally hit me that this will be a long haul. The smell of formaldehyde and the stress of exams. Maybe we are lucky to get to see DW on the weekends.

Are any of you doing the virtually single parenting thing and how do you stay sane?

William

Comment

my DW in her first yr of residency...

i take care of our daughter for the most part...
                outside of her only being 2.8 yrs old its fun, the only thing i dont like is that i cant take her to the gym with me cause she doesnt know how to sit still just yet, and she doesnt like to play with kids outside of fam and those that she sees at daycare...

but when shes 4yrs old she going to the gym to watch daddy play some basketball

Comment

Just joined this site tonight. Unfortunately I am posting exactly 2 years from the most recent post in the Mr. MD Forum. Does not bode well for conversation...

Comment

Welcome. We do have a handful of guys around - and they're fantastic! Hop over to the introductions forum if you haven't already, and jump right in!

Comment

Another guy here - and a stay at home parent. I think our church community has helped the most to keep me somewhat sane. I also work part time from home, which does add to the stress, but provides some extra mental stimulation (and income).

Comment

yeah, less that there aren't guys, but we don't really tend to post in this forum much

welcome!
                        - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

What can we do for the guys to give them their own ... space to post? Should we make this area private? Add something? Obviously, the estrogen around here can be an issue, but 50% or so of med spouses nowadays are guys. Suggestions? Comments?

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I personally don't feel like I need a "guys only" space to post, everyone is so welcoming I don't really feel like an outsider just because of my Y-chromosome
                            - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Can I ask why you think it is that the guys aren't more active? We love the xy perspective! LOL It just comes too infrequently.
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X