Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bread Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Machines

Have we done this before? I tried to search, but didn't find a thread on 'em.

Even though my Kitchen Aid makes dough, I really do not have the patience right now for the rising etc (and I think I killed the motor that one time on the pasta dough....she hasn't been the same since).....I want to be able to just dump in the ingredients and go.....preferably at night or while I'm at work.

In my amazon search I found several that seem worthy....
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?ur ... ne&x=0&y=0

Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker ~$40

Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker ~$130

Zojirushi BBCCX20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine ~$200

Breadman TR875 2-Pound Breadmaker, Stainless Steel ~$100

but it's always nice to hear what iMSN has to say.

They vary widely in price...makes me think I'm missing something. I like the fact that the Zojirushi makes the loaves in the traditional horizontal style. But the Panasonic has a 2.5 lb capacity....BUT the Sunbeam is soo cheap!

Anyway, what say you? :anyolne:
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Re: Bread Machines

I have a Breadman with a rectangular pan. A two pound loaf is huge, FYI, I've finally realized that I need to do one pound recipes or it goes stale before we eat it! Occasionally I guess it's been nice to have that capacity though. The machine works pretty well, I've set it up the night before a few times, I've made sandwich loaves of all sorts and breakfast breads, and I use it to make dough (pizza dough or crusty Italian bread) that I then bake on the pizza stone in the oven. No input on what makes a good machine though, mine was a gift.
    Alison

Comment

We ended up buying the Zojirushi based on the reviews about how it handles whole wheat dough. So far it's awesome!! I'm having some difficulty adapting other recipes for this machine, but I'm sure that's the case with many bread machines.....the recipes that came with it are sooo easy and perfect! Anyway, just wanted to update.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I so want a Zojirushi rice maker. I've heard great things about them.

Have fun with your bread machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
          We ended up buying the Zojirushi based on the reviews about how it handles whole wheat dough. So far it's awesome!! I'm having some difficulty adapting other recipes for this machine, but I'm sure that's the case with many bread machines.....the recipes that came with it are sooo easy and perfect! Anyway, just wanted to update.
          Michele - are you still happy with it? Did you get the "supreme" or the "mini"? I've been coveting for awhile, and am thinking of using a gift card I got for Christmas to take the plunge. I'm curious if it's really worth it, and darn Cook's Illustrated doesn't have any reviews!

Comment

I do still like mine. It's easy to use. I mostly use the same few recipes, but not ones that came with the machine. I find that any of the recipes I've found online for bread machine can be used without much adaptation. I've even used one non-machine recipe with good results. (I think I'm learning more and just getting more experienced.) The crust comes out harder than I like, but I had that issue with the old machine I had as well. I always use the "light" crust setting.

I don't think I have the mini.....but I don't know if it's the supreme. It makes horizontal loaves and it claims it can make 1, 1.5 and 2# loaves but I usually stick to 1.5#....my 2's often hit the top when they rise. Also we never eat it all before it goes bad. The bread only lasts 3 days at our house before it molds.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Comment

Working...
              X