Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

School contest and prizes ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School contest and prizes ideas?

I am in charge of this year's boxtop program.....and I am blowing it. Anyone have any ideas for contests that could get 4th-6th graders to bring in boxtops to school? Last year, they did a contest between classes and had a movie in the classroom for the winning class. The collection rate was low and I think the reward was kind of lame. Still....I can't think of anything good to do. My first thought was to provide a treat (food based) to the lunchtime of the winning class each month, but that got vetoed by the healthy food types. :| I should have seen that coming. Now, I'm thinking of having the winning class get some outside prize in the spring.

Any thoughts? I was drafted for this job....and I'm totally not in to this. Enthusiasm needed.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Re: School contest and prizes ideas?

Oh brother. My idea was going to be an icecream sundae party but then I read the part about that getting vetoed. For Pete's sake, you aren't suggesting ice cream sundaes everyday for a week.

Is pizza an acceptable food group? Veggie pizza? (j/k). How about win a pizza lunch with the principal?

I think that our school let the kids vote on how the money was spent. They voted for an assembly with Larry the reptile man or something slithery like that.

How about let the winning class choose how it is spent?

Comment

Disclaimer - no kids.

But the ones that I always see that seem to go over big are the ones where a teacher has to do something embarrasing. Like shave their head or spend a day on the roof of the school. :huh:
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
        The older grades at our school always LOVE the chance to play a kickball game against the teachers and staff. Its so much fun and the entire school can get involved.
        That get my vote!

And it is exercise so the healthy food bloc will like that!

Comment

I think our school is doing a pizza party. Not too original.
          Needs

Comment

Working...
          X