Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Relocation

Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Over by Angela DeBernardo

It seemed like things were finally settling down for my little family. My husband had completed his nomadic years of medical training, gotten a good job and moved us all to a cute little village on the outskirts of an interesting city. After a predictable initial adjustment to the new area and new job, everyone in the family had made connections and found things to enjoy. I felt a deep satisfaction at a job well done as I retrieved the mail and found a birthday party invitation for each of my two...
    See more | Go to post

• Preparing Children For a Move by Kristen Math

Moving can be a stressful event for parents. We get so busy planning packing and preparing to leave that it can be easy to overlook our children’s stress. Depending on the age of your child there are some steps that you can take to ease them through the transition.

Babies and toddlers:
    Young children can not understand the concept of moving. Your home and family is their world. you may want to read a story about moving. The Berenstain Bears’ Moving Day is an age-appropriate
    See more | Go to post

• Move, Move, Move by Jennifer Hussey

One of the joys of the medical life is that you’re guaranteed to never be in the same place for more than a few years! How you feel about that can be anything from utter dread to ecstatic excitement but the one thing that no one likes is the move itself. I have personally moved 12 times in the last 12 years (and that was before I married a military medical man) so I have gleaned some pointers that I’d like to share. Step One: Figure out where you are going to live BEFORE you move there. I wa...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Preparing Children For a Move by Kristen Math
    by PrincessFiona
    Moving can be a stressful event for parents. We get so busy planning packing and preparing to leave that it can be easy to overlook our children’s stress. Depending on the age of your child there are some steps that you can take to ease them through the transition.

Babies and toddlers:
    Young children can not understand the concept of moving. Your home and family is their world. you may want to read a story about moving. The Berenstain Bears’ Moving Day is an age-appropriate
    02-23-2010, 03:46 PM
  • Starting Over by Angela DeBernardo
    by Sheherezade
    It seemed like things were finally settling down for my little family. My husband had completed his nomadic years of medical training, gotten a good job and moved us all to a cute little village on the outskirts of an interesting city. After a predictable initial adjustment to the new area and new job, everyone in the family had made connections and found things to enjoy. I felt a deep satisfaction at a job well done as I retrieved the mail and found a birthday party invitation for each of my two...
    02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
  • Move, Move, Move by Jennifer Hussey
    by DCJenn
    One of the joys of the medical life is that you’re guaranteed to never be in the same place for more than a few years! How you feel about that can be anything from utter dread to ecstatic excitement but the one thing that no one likes is the move itself. I have personally moved 12 times in the last 12 years (and that was before I married a military medical man) so I have gleaned some pointers that I’d like to share. Step One: Figure out where you are going to live BEFORE you move there. I wa...
    02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Working...
X