Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Financial Survival

Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bargain Hunters Guide to Christmas Shopping by Kristen Math

It's only March 1st, and I’m almost done with next year’s Christmas shopping. I have sweaters for my husband, and a new Christmas serving set for my mom. Hidden away in my treasures are shirts for my dad and step-mom and a beautiful leather-bound Texas Hold’em poker chips set for my brother. I have already picked up some games and books for the children. I even have many stocking stuffers tucked away for St. Nick .It’s almost embarrassing that I’m such a penny pincher. Getting through...
    See more | Go to post

• Digging Out: Getting Out of Credit Card Debt by Angela DeBernardo

In the winter, when you hear the term “digging out” you think of large snowfalls and sore shoulders. Every January, a different kind of digging out begins in households across the nation – digging out of the hole you got into with Christmas spending. For medical residents, that hole can be enormous. With educational debt already high and your time and earning potential limited, consumer debt can seem insurmountable.

How’d We Get In This Mess In The First Place? First of al...
    See more | Go to post

• How to Lose Weight, Make New Friends and Get Paid for Doing It by Jennifer Hussey

First, a bit of an introduction. I am Jenn Hussey, and I have been glued to the iMSN site since my husband’s internship year. Yes, another spouse surfing the web at 2am, bored and lonely. Since then, the iMSN family has held my hand through all of life’s great adventures, including the April 2005 adoption of our son Nikolai from Perm, Russia. Prior to the adoption, I had a job that required weekly travel. I did this for two and a half years and packed on about 20 pounds. I worked out wheneve...
    See more | Go to post

• New Year, New Me by Kristen Math

The plan was to live as if we were still in training once fellowship was over. My husband and I imagined paying off all of our debt in the first 5 years and accumulating enough savings to buy land, a house in Germany and travel to Disney World each year. Do you see where this is going? Obviously, our expectations were a little high. Because we also are poor managers of money, we haven’t saved a dime. If our retirement money wasn’t automatically deducted each month, we might be looking at a card...
    See more | Go to post

• Financial Survival During Residency by Kristen Math

Financial Survival During Residency by Kristen Math

When my husband started residency, the last thing on our minds was balancing our checkbooks. With the stress of q3 call looming over our heads and the challenges of being parents to small children, we embraced the attitude “we will get by”. Of course, it’s true that we all find a way to navigate the financial challenges that arise during residency and fellowship. With the cost of interviewing, moving and medical board exams and state license fees that approach $1000, just getting by can be...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Financial Survival During Residency by Kristen Math
    by PrincessFiona
    When my husband started residency, the last thing on our minds was balancing our checkbooks. With the stress of q3 call looming over our heads and the challenges of being parents to small children, we embraced the attitude “we will get by”. Of course, it’s true that we all find a way to navigate the financial challenges that arise during residency and fellowship. With the cost of interviewing, moving and medical board exams and state license fees that approach $1000, just getting by can be...
    02-23-2010, 03:42 PM
  • New Year, New Me by Kristen Math
    by PrincessFiona
    The plan was to live as if we were still in training once fellowship was over. My husband and I imagined paying off all of our debt in the first 5 years and accumulating enough savings to buy land, a house in Germany and travel to Disney World each year. Do you see where this is going? Obviously, our expectations were a little high. Because we also are poor managers of money, we haven’t saved a dime. If our retirement money wasn’t automatically deducted each month, we might be looking at a card...
    02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
  • The Bargain Hunters Guide to Christmas Shopping by Kristen Math
    by PrincessFiona
    It's only March 1st, and I’m almost done with next year’s Christmas shopping. I have sweaters for my husband, and a new Christmas serving set for my mom. Hidden away in my treasures are shirts for my dad and step-mom and a beautiful leather-bound Texas Hold’em poker chips set for my brother. I have already picked up some games and books for the children. I even have many stocking stuffers tucked away for St. Nick .It’s almost embarrassing that I’m such a penny pincher. Getting through...
    02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
  • Digging Out: Getting Out of Credit Card Debt by Angela DeBernardo
    by Sheherezade
    In the winter, when you hear the term “digging out” you think of large snowfalls and sore shoulders. Every January, a different kind of digging out begins in households across the nation – digging out of the hole you got into with Christmas spending. For medical residents, that hole can be enormous. With educational debt already high and your time and earning potential limited, consumer debt can seem insurmountable.

How’d We Get In This Mess In The First Place? First of al...
    02-23-2010, 02:32 PM
  • How to Lose Weight, Make New Friends and Get Paid for Doing It by Jennifer Hussey
    by DCJenn
    First, a bit of an introduction. I am Jenn Hussey, and I have been glued to the iMSN site since my husband’s internship year. Yes, another spouse surfing the web at 2am, bored and lonely. Since then, the iMSN family has held my hand through all of life’s great adventures, including the April 2005 adoption of our son Nikolai from Perm, Russia. Prior to the adoption, I had a job that required weekly travel. I did this for two and a half years and packed on about 20 pounds. I worked out wheneve...
    02-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Working...
X