Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Medical School

Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Go to Medical School and Get Paid For It by Jennifer Hussey

The Military Branches need physicians for the armed forces personnel and their families. The branches that have physicians are Army, Navy and Air Force; the Marines and the Coast Guard are cared for by Navy physicians. There are two ways to become a military medical doctor. The first is to go to the military’s own medical school, Uniformed Services University, which is located on the grounds of the Bethesda Naval Medical Center near Washington, DC. All three branches are taught at USU by pers...
    See more | Go to post

• Medical School in the Caribbean…is it right for your family? by Sylvia Siegel

There I was, sitting on a cramped plane holding my son, then two and a half months old. My husband and I were talking excitedly. We couldn’t wait to get there. What would it be like? How hot is it going to be? Will the locals embrace us? Are we going to survive the journey? We had been up for 38 hours or more the day before. I lost track eventually. My mom picked all of us up, dog included at the hotel in Vermont. We drove for a few hours packed to the gills in our car. As soon as we got th...
    See more | Go to post

• Planning for the Match: Learning to Expect the Unexpected by Kristen Math

There’s an old German saying that goes like this: “Berg und Tal kommen nicht zusammen, aber die Leute”. This translates roughly to “Mountains and Valleys don’t come together, but people do”
    See more | Go to post

• Hello Textbook, Good-bye Spouse? by Angela DeBernardo

I bet many of you are breathing a sigh of relief right now. You’ve gotten in to medical school. Finally! You are done with MCATs, application essays and interviews. No more prep work. Sure, the work ahead will be tough, but it’s what you’ve dreamed about doing for a long time. It will be fun to finally learn about “real” medicine instead of memorizing reaction pathways for organic chemistry. Surely, this stress will be different because of the underlying satisfaction in the work. I...
    See more | Go to post

• 25 Ways to Keep Yourself Sane and Happy by Jennifer Hussey

Well, we’re a few months in to whatever stage of the medical education process that began in July and I’m sure there are more than a few of you who are pretty much ready to toss your spouse out the window. You’re bored? Lonely? Frustrated? Angry? With that in mind, I’m going to share my 25 Ways to Keep Yourself Sane and Happy. 1. Get to know your town. I have found the best way to learn your way around any new place is to get lost. I get in my car with a relative goal in mind (example: f...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Planning for the Match: Learning to Expect the Unexpected by Kristen Math
    by PrincessFiona
    There’s an old German saying that goes like this: “Berg und Tal kommen nicht zusammen, aber die Leute”. This translates roughly to “Mountains and Valleys don’t come together, but people do”
    02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
  • Hello Textbook, Good-bye Spouse? by Angela DeBernardo
    by Sheherezade
    I bet many of you are breathing a sigh of relief right now. You’ve gotten in to medical school. Finally! You are done with MCATs, application essays and interviews. No more prep work. Sure, the work ahead will be tough, but it’s what you’ve dreamed about doing for a long time. It will be fun to finally learn about “real” medicine instead of memorizing reaction pathways for organic chemistry. Surely, this stress will be different because of the underlying satisfaction in the work. I...
    02-23-2010, 02:30 PM
  • How to Go to Medical School and Get Paid For It by Jennifer Hussey
    by DCJenn
    The Military Branches need physicians for the armed forces personnel and their families. The branches that have physicians are Army, Navy and Air Force; the Marines and the Coast Guard are cared for by Navy physicians. There are two ways to become a military medical doctor. The first is to go to the military’s own medical school, Uniformed Services University, which is located on the grounds of the Bethesda Naval Medical Center near Washington, DC. All three branches are taught at USU by pers...
    02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
  • 25 Ways to Keep Yourself Sane and Happy by Jennifer Hussey
    by DCJenn
    Well, we’re a few months in to whatever stage of the medical education process that began in July and I’m sure there are more than a few of you who are pretty much ready to toss your spouse out the window. You’re bored? Lonely? Frustrated? Angry? With that in mind, I’m going to share my 25 Ways to Keep Yourself Sane and Happy. 1. Get to know your town. I have found the best way to learn your way around any new place is to get lost. I get in my car with a relative goal in mind (example: f...
    02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
  • Medical School in the Caribbean…is it right for your family? by Sylvia Siegel
    by rainbabies
    There I was, sitting on a cramped plane holding my son, then two and a half months old. My husband and I were talking excitedly. We couldn’t wait to get there. What would it be like? How hot is it going to be? Will the locals embrace us? Are we going to survive the journey? We had been up for 38 hours or more the day before. I lost track eventually. My mom picked all of us up, dog included at the hotel in Vermont. We drove for a few hours packed to the gills in our car. As soon as we got th...
    02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Working...
X